As an associate in RS&H’s Aerospace and Defense Practice, the qualified candidate will work with other RS&H Engineers and Architects for design of facilities, infrastructure and equipment for military, aerospace and energy projects. Duties will consist of calculations, analyses, creating component and system designs and development of construction documents (drawings and specifications) for launch pads, launch vehicle processing facilities, ground support equipment, and large industrial equipment. Prior launch site design experience helpful. Excitement for supporting space exploration is required.
The Structural Design Engineer will have earned their Bachelor’s of Science degree in Structural/Civil Engineering from an accredited university, a MS in Structural/Civil Engineering is a plus. Must have at least seven years of design engineering experience with structural steel members, connections, and assemblies, and have an interest in pursuing a career involving design of specialized facilities and systems supporting rocket assembly and launch infrastructure and other missile/defense related facilities. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to independently lead a project team and make presentations to clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural/Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university; Master's degree is a plus
- At least 7 years of experience with STAAD modeling, analyses and design of large steel truss and/or girder structures, examples include towers, bridge spans, etc.
- Professional Engineering registration (PE) required
- AutoCad experience is preferred
- Ability to lead a project team
- Strong desire to work in a multi-discipline engineering and architecture design environment
- Due to the nature of client projects, US citizenship or permanent legal residency is required.