Structural Engineer, Design
The Structural Engineer will oversee all structural aspects related to renovation and new development nationally. Projects consist of full, new apartment developments with mixed use, to small unit and leasing office renovations plus everything in between. The position will primarily act as the company advocate and consultant, overseeing third party structural engineers, providing direction and ensuring creative, value engineered design.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coordinates, writes and/or edits specifications as applies to structural engineering
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of building codes, zoning codes and approval process as it relates to civil engineering
- Thorough understanding of building systems and site requirements as it relates to civil engineering (Structural, MEP, Civil & Geo-Tech)
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent management skills
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, MS Word & Excel, Navisworks and COMcheck.
- Willing and able to travel20%.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering concentration
- Minimum of 5years of experience with at least 3years focused on multifamily, amenity buildings, mixed-use, and/or commercial projects
- Licensure in structural engineering field is required
The Structural Engineer is responsible for daily, structure-related project activities. This includes quality control and project delivery, overseeing all phases of the project from design to contract document, specification production, shop drawing checks, site visitation and project closeout. Has excellent technical knowledge within civil engineering. Possesses effective management skills and is able to plan, direct and monitor all aspects of projects. The engineer will also provide guidance during schematic design regarding structural solutions and cost.
Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in general terms and objectives. This position makes structural engineering design decisions independently. Coordinates with otherinternal and/or external team members. Has extensive knowledge and understanding of the project development process including construction, multifamily design, site planning, site engineering, structural and MEP criteria as it relates to project needs.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Advise the internal design and construction team on project scopes in relation to established budgets.
- Advise on renovation projects regarding feasible design and constructability, identifying potential problems and solutions.
- Must have good knowledge of pricing to provide designs with realistic ballpark costs during early schematic design phases.
- Provide creative solutions for problems encountered during renovations and communicate with our internal construction team.
Relocation Nationwide is Available
Must Have - Licensure in structural engineering field is required - Minimum of 5years of experience with at least 3years focused on multifamily, amenity buildings, mixed-use, and/or commercial projects - Proficiency with Revit - Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering, or Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering concentration