Structural/Civil Engineer with Colorado P.E. license and construction background to conduct forensic investigations of commercial, institutional, high-rise and residential buildings. Typical engineering assignments include determining the cause of structural failures, structural collapses, construction defects, water/moisture intrusion, roof damages, flooring damages, foundation/settlement, and more. Additional projects include storm damage assessments, post-fire damage and structural integrity evaluations, and providing professional opinions and expert witness testimony.
- Determine the cause and origin of structural failures and construction defects.
- Conduct field inspections to document onsite conditions.
- Conduct roof damage evaluations for residential and commercial structures.
- Conduct moisture/water intrusion damage evaluations.
- Prepare and provide oral and written reports.
- May be called upon for expert witness testimony.
- 50/50 field work and office duties
- 7+ years experience
- Colorado P.E. license (ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT)
- NCEES (Preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of building materials, residential and commercial construction, and building codes