The Structural CADD Designer will successfully deliver small, medium and large transportation infrastructure improvement projects.
- Prepares engineering drawings from rough sketches or from general engineering and design information (verbal instructions and notes) using CADD software programs (i.e. AutoCAD. Microstation).
- Revises or changes drawings, traces and/or copies existing drawings and completes simple calculations with specific instructions.
- Understands and follows the company’s standard CADD procedures for layering and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Prepares exhibits in ArcGIS.
- Maintains schedules and progress reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work in a collaborative manner.
- Minimum of high-school or technical school-training with courses in computer-aided drafting or equivalent experience is required
- Drafting Junior College or Trade School graduate preferred (specialize training or education may be substituted for experience)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of computer-aided drafting experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years of transportation project CADD experience including bridge detailing and transportation related structures is preferred
- UDOT CADD standards knowledge is preferred
- Microstation Office knowledge required
- Must have experience with current versions of AutoCAD and Microstation. Microstation is preferred. (Civil 3D, OpenRoads, GEOPAK, and InRoads experience is a plus)
- Experience with project collaboration software is preferred (e.g. ProjectWise)
- Experience with ArcGIS is preferable
- Current technical knowledge of CADD operations, drafting procedures, and engineering specialty discipline is required
- Strong organizational and communication skills preferred
- GIS software familiarity and experience is preferred