Stroke Program Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Apply Now Job ID 79531 Date posted 01/23/2018 Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
- Facilitates systems approach to care delivery for services across care continuum.
- Assumes leadership role with a second Stroke Coordinator in planning and implementing clinical initiatives that improve quality, efficiency and cost of care delivery.
- Partners closely with multidisciplinary team and identified physician leaders to optimize patient outcomes and evidenced based practice.
- Establishes collaborative relationships with regional providers ( primary care, post acute) and local community organizations to advance population health across region
- Coordinates and runs multidisciplinary Stroke committee meetings to study performance, and improve patient care/flow processes
- Partners with regional EMS and non BH hospitals to facilitate stroke protocols and timely transfers
- Collaborates with inter-professional team members to enhance outcomes across the continuum of care
- Provides clinical education to direct care clinical staff, cross continuum inter-professional team members as well as patients and families.
- Implement software system that utilizes pathway for decision making
- Measures and reports outcomes
- Partners with identified medical leaders to develop and implement expert clinical care delivery systems for a defined patient population or service.
- Participates and assists in development of community education for stroke education and prevention
- Identifies high riskpatient care issues and trends and implements interventions to achieve optimal/benchmark quality outcomes.
- Participates in stroke related research.
- Partners with Neuroscience Outcomes Manager in data collection and analysis for stroke program quality and performance improvement initiatives. Participates on and reports PI to neurosciences PI team and stroke model of care/quality team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing BSN
- 5 years acute inpatient clinical nursing with 3 years minimum of specializing in the care of neuro patients
- Advanced certification in Neurosciences preferred.
- Program developmental skills
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Ability to lead and facilitate groups
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Well-developed PC skills