$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
This position is for a senior Structural Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Conducts analyses and inspection of products and processes. Formulates conceptual designs of products, processes and systems to meet customer requirements. Designs major components or major portions of a functional system and prototypes.
• Establishes structural specifications, conducts performance tests, and plans or conducts experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of systems or equipment to ensure quality and performance standards are met.
• Formulates conceptual design of products or systems to meet customer requirements.
• Evaluates product data and design from inspections and reports for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards to ensure compliance and product quality.
• Applying scientific principles, designs major components or portions of a functional system, technically advanced prototype, specific or promotional product to ensure high quality and function.
• Analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs.
• Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling.
• Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
• Researches and develops new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
• Designs chemical plant equipment and devises processes for manufacture of chemical products.
• Determines most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Valid Through: 2019-11-13