The Opportunity: Stress Engineer, Mississauga Ontario
- Assist mechanical engineering team in designing custom naval equipment
- Perform static and dynamic finite element analyses to validate design
- Perform shock and vibration analyses by following navy specifications
Required Skills & Experience
- Have hands-on finite element analysis experience using ANSYS Finite Element software
- Have strong knowledge in formulating dynamic equations, and be familiar with Modal and Transient analysis procedures
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on finite element analysis experience or equivalent academic background.
- Have working knowledge of naval and military standards, and familiarity with structural steel, stainless steel, and aluminum alloy specifications.
- Knowledgeable in structural welding design and willing to become company's designated welding engineer by Canadian Welding Bureau.
- Have A degree in engineering and registration with the PEO
- Proficient in Pro/E modelling is an assets
- Willing to travel to attend design review meetings, and assist in equipment installation
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright Indal Technologies, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. You will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help