Strategy & Operations Practice Area Lead
As a new offering to the OC/SD market, this role offers a unique opportunity to own and directly contribute to the growth of the practice.
You will be responsible for the development, growth and quality execution of all our Strategy and Operations capabilities (Business Case Analysis, Market Feasibility, IT and Product strategy, M&A post-merger Integration, Target Operating Model, Process Optimization, Operational Strategy, Growth and Performance).
You will also be accountable for other practice-related activities including business development, client relationship management, sales, recruiting, account management, project oversight and practice operations.
- Responsibilities: Being accountable for the Strategy and Operations practice, including driving practice vision, sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
- Practice Building: Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership
- Business Development: Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of Slalom
- Team & Individual Development: Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction and assign Practice Area development tasks when resources are between projects
- Engagement Management: Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management at the client
- Enriching Slalom’s culture and exemplify our core values on a day-to-day basis
- Serving as subject matter expert and demonstrate mastery in leading/overseeing projects within the domain of Strategy and Operations
- Sharing Strategy & Operations expertise with team members through development and delivery of case studies, white papers, learning materials, and other resources to elevate internal knowledge of solutions
- Identify opportunities for growth/maturation of S&O offerings, and set the direction for that growth
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and business levers for S&O offering(s) and understands how the different Slalom practice areas interact (locally and nationally)
- 10+ years of directly related management consulting experience with a major management consulting firm (preferably with the strategy group of a Big4 firm)
- Previous experience leading and growing a practice
- Successful track record with revenue generation exceeding $2m
- Domain knowledge within the Retail & Consumer Goods, Energy & Utilities, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Services, or Technology industries.
- Experience working with across large enterprises to emerging growth companies (startups)
- Proven history of leveraging and growing a client base; organic business development responsibilities
- Expert people management and business operations skills (SOWs, practice area financials, utilization)
- Ability to manage teams and relationships across multiple clients
- Ability to assess and leverage strengths of a diverse group of people to maximize team performance, and proven success growing people
- Proven negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision making skills