Strategy & Innovation Leader
Provides overall direction and leadership to a major IT function, and establishes organizational policy and decision making. Directs multiple units of IT Professionals, by implementing effective and efficient strategies and execution approaches. Member of the management team reporting to an IT or Line Executive. Shares direct responsibility for overall IT results with peer IT Leaders.
- Partners with customers and IT organization to define, develop, and implement appropriate staffing strategies to support Voya business operations.
- Establishes the appropriate work environment, structures, and processes to ensure that overall quality goals are established, monitored, and satisfied for all work activities.
- Established the appropriate financial management metrics to ensure that departmental, unit, and project based financial plans are proactively monitored, managed and reported.
- Partners with critical business and IT areas to ensure that all projects/efforts are adequately defined, managed, and completed; achieving the shared business and IT objectives
- Accountable for final administrative and operational decisions for an IT department; supervise development and approval of business plans and budgets prepared by subordinate managers.
- Critical member of the IT executive team in formulation of Voya’s IT strategy and plans. Responsible for ensuring development and management of all employees in the IT department.
- Responsible for ensuring development and management of all employees in the IT department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field; Master's Degree preferred.
- Fifteen+ years of progressively responsible IT experience, including 10 years in IT management.
- Strong financial and organizational management experience (managing 100+ staff organizations, with $7m + operating budget).
- Strong understanding of financial service and insurance business and technologies.
- Significant experience in multiple areas of IT field, including new computing architectures, systems support strategies, IT Services and/or process and project methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in project management and execution involving multiple major projects or a substantial record of success delivering complex IT services to a diverse clientele