Tracking Code 4223-094
The Strategy Director develops and creates the strategic context for recommendations, using frameworks developed by Strategy and Client Engagement leadership, taking into account a holistic view of our clients’ business and brand, category, market, and consumer.
This role leads consumer understanding and tells stories that stimulates creative and analytical minds. (S)he must to have a passion for integrated relationship marketing across the entire customer lifecycle, working closely with Brand Leadership, Customer Experience, UX Design, Creative, Analytics, Production and clients in the formulation of their strategies and plans. The best candidate understands qualitative and quantitative research, with the ability to know the difference between data and insights, executions and ideas, and able to turn knowledge into actionable recommendations.
- Provide strategic support to the account teams in the creation and execution of comprehensive digital and CLM marketing plans; Lead and consult on the implementation of tactics, technologies and coordination of efforts, ensuring tactical plans achieve client objectives and strategies
- Define strategic opportunities for Customer Experience and Customer Lifecycle Management in the overall context of a clients’ marketing communications plan, based on data driven insights and qualitative observations.
- Leverage audience data to provide insights on consumer behaviors, segmentation and targeting in an actionable way in order to influence content decision making and custom content development
- Understand and identify the role of websites, mobile, online media, social, direct mail, email, applications, and other emerging digital and CRM platforms in the construction of consumer experience plans/journeys
- Identify/Explore new avenues for communicating effectively and imaginatively with audience groups
- Develop research-based POVs regarding potential opportunities, consumer trends/culture, technology, media, best practices, etc.
- Guide/Lead, manage and inspire junior strategist on client projects as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing strategy or planning role, with direct/ digital/CLM/content marketing experiencerequired, in an agency, client, or management consulting organization.
- Experience in Loyalty Programs or Automotive industry is a plus
- Experience developing marketing plans and strategies for complex direct and digital marketing initiatives
- Strong understanding of digital and CRM marketing best practice and trends; Experience in digital and CRM marketing: websites, online media, search, social, mobile, email, application
- Possess an innately curious mind. Think logically based on data and research, but inspired by creativity and human behaviors
- Strong analytical skills; Ability to mine data for insights and recommendations
- Excellent project, personnel, organizational, time management skills
- Clearly demonstrate ability to succeed in a fast paced environment; Capable of/enjoy handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven leadership and organizational skills; Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences
- Comfortable with high pressure, fluid and ambiguous situations
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving ability
AT MRM, RELATIONSHIP IS OUR MIDDLE NAME.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s):
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together
- We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic
MRM//McCann is a leader in Gartner Inc.'s annual "Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies" report. Gartner Magic Quadrants are based on an exacting methodology where agencies stand out for their strategic services, including business strategy and digital business transformation skills. MRM//McCann is noted for its global vision and strategy, and its use of tools and analytics enabling clients to deliver a measurable business impact as the result of those strategies.