At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Treasury Management (TM) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team. Treasury Management includes managing and optimizing our customers' cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
We put our customers at the center of every decision we make by focusing on their needs, being a leader in innovation, keeping things simple, and making our solutions easy to implement.
The Wells Fargo Innovation R&D team is seeking a domain subject matter expert, innovator, and strategic thought leader within the emerging space of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to source, analyze, prioritize, and recommend experimentation strategies for a variety of use cases in Capital Markets. The successful candidate must demonstrate expertise and competence in the area of Capital Markets operations and DLT. This role will require exceptional relationship skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders, product managers, architects, business and technology leaders, and to ensure Wells Fargo is making sound investment decisions in the DLT space.
The successful candidate will be able to articulate an understanding of DLT key concepts, assess technical and market trends, and apply strong industry knowledge in context of Wells Fargo’s Capital Markets business objectives, while simultaneously articulating the economic value (qualitatively and quantitiatively) of all proposed solutions to senior business stakeholders and executives. The candidate should possess deep knowledge of industry best practices and emerging technologies in order to recommend innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization. The candidate should also provide counsel to senior technology leadership, advising and mentoring others as appropriate to develop a depth of DLT subject matter expertise across the organization. This position may frequently be called to represent Wells Fargo in external industry groups, influencing industry standards and driving joint solution development efforts.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Act as the senior business analyst and author of the Capital Markets business segment DLT strategy.
- Develop business and economic models to assess and validate the qualitative and quantitative criteria by which potential solutions are most aligned with Wells Fargo strategic priorities.
- Be an organizer and focal point for collaborating with product oriented LOB SME’s in the generation of strategic assessments to document viability analyses.
- Coordinate the collaborative process by which DLT use cases are compared and prioritized for inclusion in the R&D project schedule based on their relative benefit to the company in light of the effort needed to achieve success.
- Develop and curate the DLT Program strategic roadmap for Capital Markets.
- Directly perform or coordinate “bootstrap” business analyses to inform technical designs and requirments needed to properly scope POCs and Pilots.
- Work with other financial institutions across industry consortiums, technology vendors, and collaborate with internal technology teams to design prototypes and pilots.
- Organize and facilitate regular DLT/Blockchain information sharing forums to promote engagement with LOB stakeholders.
- Curate and maintain industry updates to apprise and inform senior management and other stakeholders with “must know” developments and technology trends in the DLT sapace.
- Help document the novelties developed in R&D activities, providing an interface to the Enterprise Patent Office.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 8+ years of payments, securities, or related banking product industry experience
- Strategic planning and/or technology management experience
- Leadership experience with software application development and familiarity with software development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to understand, articulate, and execute strategies for complex banking systems
- A strong aptitude of emerging technologies and DLT-specific industry trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Adaptable to a dynamic work environment and able to organize for responsiveness and efficiency
- Ability to remain focused and productive in a highly dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Proven track record of developing and deploying best practices for new technologies within a lab environment, and/or managing the completion of complex projects in a large matrixed organization
- Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to drive decision making through a consensus building approach
- Hands-on experience with existing DLT platforms, including but not limited to Ethereum, HyperLedger, Corda, Axoni, and/or ancillary technologies pertaining thereto
- Application development and/or application support experience in a medium to large corporate environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- 8+ years in more than one of the following areas: technology strategy, architecture, application development, implementation, technical innovation management, or technology strategic planning
- Experience working in both startup and enterprise environments