At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
This position would be part of the Governance, Reporting and Strategic Initiatives team within the Chief Administrative Officer’s group supporting Operational Risk and Compliance. The Strategy Consultant will support the overall team and assist in solving complex problems that are either new to or present opportunities for improving the bank’s operational risk management practices.
The Strategy Consultant will support diverse efforts in reporting, governance and strategic initiatives. The nature of these responsibilities will vary, but will include cross-business and cross functional problems and teams. The Strategy Consultant will partner with executive management to define and deliver business plans, initiatives and programs, will build relationships with a wide variety of senior external and internal stakeholders, and will mentor and develop less experienced team members.
This is an excellent opportunity to interface with business, risk and finance partners across all risk disciplines and businesses at Wells Fargo.
- Break down complex problems into their component parts and identify multiple paths to resolution
- Manage data aggregation and oversee data quality to support quarterly reporting
- Draw insights and conclusions from data originating from multiple sources and of various quality levels and to tie those insights into a cohesive story/executive presentation
- Utilize sophisticated data analytic and data manipulation techniques
- Assist in development of corporate standards and policy documents
- Develop content and deliverables to support key initiatives
- Own an initiative and function as a single-point of accountability
- Synthesize findings and communicate clearly to executive audiences
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Strong project planning/program management, leadership and influencing skills.
- Financial services experience at G-SIFI.
- Experience managing, manipulating and analyzing data from multiple sources.
- Developing senior management and board level reporting.
- Familiarity with BCBS 239 and other relevant regulatory guidance.
- Experience developing and maintain working relationships with a wide array of people and to effectively lead and work in teams with limited supervision.
- Outstanding listening skills and initiative to follow up.
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed, desire to take ownership of hitting goals.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral) and the ability to convey complex information and ideas both simply and clearly.
- Strong executive presence, the ability to interact with senior management.