At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This position would be part of the Governance, Reporting and Strategic Initiatives team supporting Operational Risk and Compliance. The Strategy Consultant will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of strategic projects throughout the Operational Risk and Compliance organization and the bank more broadly. The nature of these projects will vary, but will include cross-business and cross functional problems and teams. The Strategy Consultant will partner with executive management to define and deliver business plans, initiatives and programs and will build relationships with a wide variety of senior external and internal stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to interface with Communications, IT, Learning and Development (L&D) and other internal partners across all risk disciplines and businesses at Wells Fargo.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Oversight, development and management of operational risk educational platform – “Ops U,” including but not limited to website management and design, in-person/virtual events and development and deployment of training programs
- Coordinate efforts around definition, discovery and scoping of content infrastructure development in conjunction with risk programs, key constituents and stakeholders to deliver materials aligned with strategic enterprise objectives, frameworks, policies and standards
- Manage development and delivery of presentations to senior leaders and executives across the enterprise
- Lead strategic planning activities for Ops U and other work streams as assigned
- Establish appropriate metrics to ensure program elements meet goals and objectives
- Support of other requirements within Governance, Reporting and Strategic Initiatives as required
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Proven ability to draw insights and conclusions from content originating from multiple sources and of various quality levels and to tie those insights into a cohesive story/executive presentation
- A strong ownership mentality and the ability to function as a single-point of accountability
- Able to synthesize material from multiple sources (e.g., presentations, SharePoint sites, memos, other means) to create logically-structured content that clearly communicates the intended topic to a wide range of audiences
- Able to think strategically and execute analytically with capability to pivot between the two activities
- Demonstrated ability to create visual means to convey complex information succinctly via Power Point, Visio. Excel and similar tools
- Experience working in a matrixed environment either as a team member or consultant
- Experience developing and maintain working relationships with a wide array of people and to effectively work in teams with limited supervision
- Excellent time management skills, ability to readily juggle multiple, changing priorities and strong follow up skills
- Strong listening and communications skills (both written and oral) with the ability to convey complex information and ideas both simply and clearly
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do no apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience providing consulting services within a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank or experience in B2B marketing within a complex and/or highly regulated industry
- Demonstrated experience developing content, presentation materials and similar across multiple business groups, including collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience delivering presentations to a wide range of organizational levels with varying degrees of subject matter expertise.
- Experience interpreting and synthesizing complex regulatory policy and translating requirements into an actionable/easily understandable format
- Strong and effective manager, capable of attracting, mentoring, developing and retaining talented and productive staff
- Experience developing communications materials for diverse audiences