At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Strategic Consultant for WIM is responsible for providing strategic consulting through: engagement-based consulting for executives and senior leaders on a broad array of strategic topics as well as alignment with partners to position and transition strategy into true organizational change activities. This person is responsible for developing data analytics and qualitative insights that support strategic recommendations. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional business consulting skills, strong business acumen, leadership abilities, and a focus on follow through activities to deliver WIM strategic priorities identified by WIM senior leaders. This individual will be called upon to provide guidance to less experienced team members. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Supporting high-visibility cross lines of business strategic assessments, strategy development, and long-term strategic initiatives that present significant challenges and/or opportunities to the business.
· Participating in and helping lead segment strategies related research, opportunity assessment, and initiatives.
· Spearheading efforts to understand, enhance, qualify, quantify, and objectively evaluate proposed strategic focuses and initiatives.
· Leveraging and collaborating with Client Information and Analytics, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Technology and Operations, product development, Marketing, and other key partners.
· Leading efforts to transition developed strategies into implementation activities. This will include influencing in a matrixed environment to secure organizational resources and partnering with day-to-day business and dedicated implementation resources to ensure implementation success and realization of target benefits.
This collaborative leader must be capable of thought leadership, developing and enhancing strategic plans and solutions, and leading change. The role demands a persuasive, effective communicator who will position WIM competitively and influence senior management across multiple lines of business. It requires strong consulting, strategic planning, and relationship management skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily-matrixed environment with diverse teams. The role requires a passion for developing new strategies and enhancing proposed initiatives, follow through on developed strategies into implementation, a unique ability to balance important long-term strategic and short-term urgent priorities, and a personal desire and accountability for positive client and shareholder change. At minimum, the candidate will have eight years of strategic consulting experience that includes direct strategic plan development experience.
Location to be Charlotte, NC or San Francisco, CA. Other locations and telecommuting are not options.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- A Master's degree or higher
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience with a management consulting firm
- Proven ability to make tough decisions, accept challenging assignments, partner and overcome obstacles to deliver results
- Solid business acumen including competency in identifying, comprehending and synthesizing industry data, creating hypothesis of market trends and assessing WIM implications; exceptional quantitative, analytical, and conceptual problem solving capabilities
- A natural orientation toward delving deeper to identify new and to enhance proposed solutions vs. leading the day-to-day delivery of defined solutions (while capable of both if needed)
- Drive to seek deep knowledge of clients’ needs, desired outcomes and day-to-day objectives and proven ability to support and leverage these while developing and advancing longer term strategies
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong interpersonal relationships and a highly effective network at all levels of the organization
- Track record of follow through on proposed initiatives beyond approval into and through implementation – demonstrated ability to leverage or be an effective direct member of delivery teams as the situation requires
- Strong written, oral and presentation development communication skills; faculty for guiding discussions at an executive level and presenting strategic findings to cause organizational change
- Proven success leveraging and coaching junior consultants and analysts
- Previous industry experience in Wealth, Brokerage, Retirement and / or Asset Management related businesses
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time