At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Data Management Solutions (DMS) organization within Data Management & Insight (DMI) provides holistic and consistent data management capabilities to Wells Fargo. This includes data management, data quality monitoring, metadata management, data lake management, and master/reference data management.
This newly created role will report to the Data Security Leader and be a key contributor in the formation of a new team charged with creating a culture of accountability for data security across the enterprise data community. This senior leader will be accountable for establishing strategies and roadmaps to mature foundational data security capabilities in support of the enterprise data strategy. This role will consult across the enterprise with data and privacy, information security, and data management leaders to create a business framework capable of responding to an ever-changing regulatory and cyber-security landscape and identify technology implementations necessary to operationalize the framework.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with DMI, Risk, LOB, EIS, and EIT teams to define business requirements for foundational data security controls and capabilities
- Work with EIS and Risk teams to ensure the enterprise data environment is compliant with applicable risk, regulatory, policy, and other data security requirements
- Influence enterprise data environment roadmap execution through alignment of data sensitivity, data security maturity, and risk appetite
- Establish data handling and acceptable usage behaviors of enterprise data environment assets
- Proactively identify and define business requirements for advanced data security capabilities
- Partner with key privacy, regulatory, and industry policy owners to identify unique restrictions and reporting requirements
- Create, track, and socialize data security capability and maturity roadmap to build trust with data owners
- Evangelize data security practices across the data community
- Support/drive development of presentations, as needed, across various audiences
- Provide support to ad-hoc requests as needed
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
- 8+ years of strategic planning experience
- 8+ years of data management experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Process engineering experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of governance and compliance experience
- 5+ years defining and/or developing business strategies that require integration of identity and access management, entitlement management, encryption, data anonymization, data access monitoring systems, etc. to support the end-to-end data lifecycle from capture to destruction
- 5+ years developing data taxonomies for use in metadata management and data cataloging tools
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements concerning data privacy and data protection in the financial services industry
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of data concentration risks and compliance requirements applicable to specific data domains
- Expert level experience with synthesizing input from multiple sources into business requirements, standards, and/or guidelines
- Expertise knowledge and understanding of change management strategies and activities
- Solid understanding of risk management concepts
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal