At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position, within the Investment Banking and Capital Markets (IBCM) COO Organization, will provide additional support in managing, maintaining, and executing core business critical processes generally focused on operational, compliance, and regulatory risk. This is a critical position that will work closely with IBCM COO Team, Compliance, Legal, and Risk partners to ensure that existing risk program and initiatives are effectively executed, as well as to work to identify areas for improvement and enhancements to strengthen the IBCM front line risk control environment. Key risk programs covered include Information Protection, Books & Records, Gift and Entertainment, Vendor, Data Loss Prevention, Conduct, Training and all aspects of business supervision.
This Team Member will need to be able to manage multiple projects and ongoing responsibilities generally with fixed and tight deadlines. The position requires strong attention to detail, careful documentation of activity and the ability to build and maintaining strong relationships with key support partners.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the execution and documentation of the front line risk program for IBCM
- Work closely with all of IBCM and its support partners to ensure compliance with and accountability for the mitigation of operational, reputational, compliance, and regulatory risks pursuant to the IBCM front line risk program
- Ensure that IBCM specific risk and compliance programs continually align with Wells Fargo and Wells Fargo Securities’ enterprise risk standards as well as the regulatory framework governing our business
- Drive awareness and implementation of IBCM business risk requirements through effective planning ongoing communication and training
- Identify, collect and consolidate available risk related data to provide timely and useful information for analysis and reporting on IBCMs risk management practices, programs and individual Team Member’s compliance thereof
This role will be based in New York City or Charlotte.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of strategic planning experience
- Experience providing support to a capital markets or complex operations organization
- Securities industry experience
- 3+ years of project management methodology experience
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Experience facilitating and delivering training or other related facilitation experience such as group meetings or presentations
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or investment banking operations
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding broker dealer roles and FINRA Rules
- Experience presenting with multimedia tools such as Live Meeting or PowerPoint
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills