At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
WBS Lending Solutions Group
The Strategy Consultant supporting WBS Lending Solutions Group will partner with LSG product owners and IT to build and maintain strategic product plans and roadmaps. The successful candidate will collaborate with business, technology, and enterprise leaders to mature lending business architecture artifacts in alignment with enterprise strategy. They will provide business architecture oversight of projects to ensure requirements and designs align with business strategies and roadmaps and support application rationalization planning and work with business and technology partners to realize those objectives.
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how our products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization.
- Collaborate with enterprise, wholesale, and IT partners to maintain and mature business architecture artifacts that connect the various lending platforms and tools.
Application Portfolio Management and Rationalization
- Collaborate across business and technology areas to develop plans and guide initiatives that support application rationalization objectives in alignment with technology and business strategic roadmaps.
- Support product strategy and operating model definition across LSG tools/products
- Establish and maintain consistent product roadmaps and related deliverables in partnership with LSG product owners, technology partners, and business stakeholders.
- Provide business architectural oversight of projects to ensure that requirements and designs are in alignment with business strategies and roadmaps.
- Collaborate across business areas to identify business capability needs and prioritization and determines best path for solving (may include process improvement, systems development/enhancement, training, or off the shelf solutions)
- The individual will have a depth of experience and be a ‘whole brain thinker’ to rapidly and effectively:
- Frame and structure problem sets
- Analyze information to provide facts-based recommendations
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive progress
- Provide thought leadership
- Execute recommendations
- The Strategy Consultant is critical in helping Wholesale not only achieve its vision, but also sustain meaningful change. This individual should:
- Be a strategic, analytical thinker who can seamlessly work cross-functionally
- Have a broad-set of product management and/or transformation experience across people, process, and/or technology/tools
- Have proven success as a visionary/thought leader, problem solver, and executer as an internal or external management consultant, particularly in ambiguous environments
- Have strong influencing and consensus building skills, as well as the ability to navigate cross-matrix organizations flawlessly
- Have a point of view to share rooted in practicality and industry leading practices
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of strategic planning experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Product management knowledge/experience, preferably as a Product Manager/Owner
- Strong communicator both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to present to executive level stakeholders
- Highly proficient in MS Office tools with a particular emphasis in PowerPoint
- Business architecture knowledge/experience
- Application rationalization knowledge/experience
- User-centric mindset
- Design Thinking knowledge/experience
- Agile knowledge/experience
- Management consulting experience with a top firm or in an internal consulting role for a large organization
- Ability to work cross-functionality and across both business and IT seamlessly
- Have great comfort working in ambiguity
- Strong influencer and consensus builder
- Energized by high-paced, dynamic work environments
- Knowledge and understanding ofwholesale lending: operations, processes, and fulfillment functions