At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
With more than 31,000 team members across 700 locations, Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Products and business segments include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Wells Fargo Capital Finance, International, Real Estate Capital Markets, Commercial Mortgage Servicing, Corporate Trust, Equipment Finance, Wells Fargo Securities, Principal Investments, and Asset Backed Finance.
We develop long-term relationships with customers with the primary objectives of:
- Attracting new customers that match our business model
- Deepening our customer relationships
- Retaining customers by supporting them throughout the entire economic and business cycle
- Carefully managing the balance between risk and reward
Wholesale Customer Excellence
Wholesale Customer Excellence, part of the Wholesale’s COO organization, drives a better understanding of our customers in order to help build better customer experiences, meet business targets, and reduce risk, all using a One Wholesale approach. The core focus of the Wholesale Customer Excellence team is to understand customers and team members and their experiences through data, proprietary and secondary, insights & analytics and to translate this knowledge into actionable, measurable and prioritized customer experiences, programs and projects using a One Wholesale approach
Strategy & Measurement Team
The Strategy & Measurement team works across Wholesale and the broader Wells Fargo Enterprise to understand and continually assess our customers’ journey and experiences within Wholesale and across the Enterprise. We use these data-driven insights to develop strategies and recommendations, and subsequent implementation and measurement plans, for foundational improvements that will differentiate wholesale’s performance, creating truly excellent experiences for our customers and team members. The programs and strategies this team brings to life are viewed through a one-Wholesale lens, although we support individual business lines as well.
We are looking for a Customer Excellence Strategy Consultant to join our newly formed team. Reporting directly to the Strategy & Measurement Lead within the Wholesale Customer Excellence team as part of Wholesale COO, this role is responsible defining, developing and communicating customer experience initiatives within Wholesale. Self-motivated and flexible, the incumbent must be adept at both creative and analytical thinking, with proven success in introducing new ideas and influencing change. Specifically, this role will:
- Provide senior-level strategic development to define, design and implement customer experience strategies, create corresponding implementation and measurement plans.
- Facilitate customer excellence strategy meetings to ensure cross-functional teams are effectively communicating and aligned on goals and priorities; manage and facilitate annual strategic planning process.
- Enhance the development and management of a Wholesale Customer Excellence Leadership team
- Serve as the Wholesale Customer Excellence liaison for cross-business and cross-enterprise strategy alignment
- Establish and executes strategies and tactics around culture and communication needs, in close collaboration with internal partners such as Corporate Communications, managing numerous deliverables simultaneously while engaging with a broad range of support partners in a matrixed environment.
- Partner with the escalated complaints team on customer communication strategies, identifying customer-facing communication impacts
- Leverage insights from inside and outside WF to design, recommend and manage programs to deliver best in class customer experiences and address common customer pain points across multiple lines of business.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of strategic planning experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to distill and present complex concepts in a simplified, intuitive manner and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Results oriented and resourceful leader, capable of quickly taking control of responsibilities and establishing oneself as a credible strategic partner
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Experience with Customer Experience management, Customer Insights, or Marketing
- Experience leading in a matrix environment
- Financial services industry experience, preferably B2B