This role is also responsible for the following key functional areas:
- Understands and contributes to sector strategy and translates business strategy into an aligned IT strategy and portfolio of programs, projects and applications.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks. Promotes a Global Perspective.
- Constant awareness of corporate IT standards, technology trends, evolving regulatory requirements and their applicability to the business process and IT portfolio, and influences the IT stakeholders and partners in addressing these evolutions in the most efficient way.
- BRM for GSM and R&D and manages collaboration and partnership with Corporate IT Services including Plan/Build/Run teams
- Understands the business of the sector and ensures that IT solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Understand the specific challenges and opportunities linked to the regulatory, legal and economic situation across countries and business units.
- Consulting toward sector senior leadership on IT strategy, tools and solutions.
- Recommend solutions assuring fit with BU direction, strategy and priorities.
- Where needed, involve area or functional BRM and IT business consultants, as well as external expertise.
- Develops, proposes, sells and implements innovative solutions to improve business outcomes in support of the business strategies.
Relationship & Project Management
- Partner and collaborate with key IT staff of other Abbott divisions to support cross divisional business initiatives, and explore IT synergies and efficiencies.
- Participate in business program management based on IT expertise.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership for the BRM team; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separation.
- Determine necessary skills set.
- Confronts and deals with people issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promotes cohesive attitude.
- Establishes staffing/resources plans determining appropriate mix of sourcing opportunities.
- Responsible for overall organizational effectiveness.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Accountability: Operates with broad goals and objectives; Erroneous decisions would normally result in failure to complete projects critical to major objectives of division.
- Has direct impact on capital budget, expenses and major project completion.
- Make strategic decisions that impact sector or site. Shared decision authority for sector IT budget and project activities.
- Manage initiatives that span multiple virtual teams across the world and cross cultures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for the healthcare industry or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of IT experience in large or mid-size multinational healthcare including experience in R&D and Marketing.
- IT expertise in one or more disciplines, like systems development, infrastructure, change management, vendor management, etc.
- At least 5 years project management experience.
- Additional experience in setting IT strategy and business IT alignment.
- Experience in developing applications in an FDA/GXP environment
- Product Life Cycle Management and Document Management
- Strong organizational skills including program/project governance
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills
- Experience with GxP validation and large scale IT implementations (e.g. ERP, CRM, QSM, etc.)
- Pharma/Medical Device commercial, development, and manufacturing business process knowledge, as related to IT
- Knowledge of technologies used or to be used by the internal customer, their external customers and internal partners
- Strong influence and negotiating skills
- Experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.