The Strategy Advancement Advisor provides data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. The Strategy Advancement Advisor works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.Responsibilities
The Strategy Advancement Advisor leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources. This includes supporting market assessment activities in the government sponsored health care industry (Medicaid, Medicare and Duals). Leveraging expertise and experience to lead the gathering, analyzing, interpreting and presenting of Medicaid and Medicare related clinical and operational performance metrics. Analyzes clinical, quality, financial, operational, and network data to support integration of effective measures into Medicaid RFP responses. Conducting in depth competitor analysis to identify areas of opportunity and working collaboratively with business leaders to close gaps based on competitive analysis insights. Advises executives to develop functional strategies on matters of significance related to improving deficiencies related to performance metrics and outcomes. Able to work independently and cross-functionally to drive progress on assigned projects. Additional specific scope of tasks may include:
- Gathers and analyzes economic, political, financial and industry data to assess health plan growth opportunities in targeted geographies.
- Engage with internal SMEs and proposal writers / content developers from various departments to gather data points that convey strong industry leading results, trends and stories.
- Works closely and collaboratively with business leaders including P&L owners, Government Affairs, Public Policy, Product, Program Implementations, Network Development, Legal and others in planning, management and support throughout the growth and business development lifecycle.
In addition to being a great place to work, Humana also offers industry leading benefits for all employees, starting your FIRST day of employment. Benefits include:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- PTO including 7 paid holidays, one personal holiday, one day of volunteer time off, 23 days of annual PTO, parental leave, caregiving leave, and weekly well-being time
- And more!
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in health care industry and individual insurance company performance metrics
- 5+ years of experience sales experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Experience working in Medicare or related field
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.Humana is more than an equal opportunity employer, Humana's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do in all of our Humana roles. Diversity is more than a commitment to us, it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us each uniquely wonderful.Scheduled Weekly Hours