- Be the cultural curator for our entertainment studio client by providing ongoing cultural intelligence along with broad strategic implications across our client’s business units (development, talent, acquisition, marketing, exhibition, etc.) (50%)
- Parse through multiple sources daily (editorial, social, primary, secondary) to uncover fresh cultural signals and identify direct implications and ideas for our client across business units
- Synthesize these findings into informative, entertaining and thought-provoking digests distributed to both client and agency teams on a bi-monthly basis
- Deliver ad hoc dep dives or POVs that answer client or project-specific questions. These can include talent analyses, cultural audits, social listening, affinity mapping, etc. Candidate must have the ability to help guide the ask, and to nimbly leverage the necessary tool(s) to answer the question.
- Collaborate with Horizon’s TrendSights team to identify and specifically tailor macro trends for the theatrical category
- Leverage social listening and affinity tools and data as needed to help inform consumer/cultural POVs
- Provide team with key consumer insights by developing a deep understanding of consumers, their behaviors, values, motivations and how they connect with the entertainment category by leveraging both primary and secondary research (20%)
- Proactively mine all available resources for information that can lead to a better understanding of the consumer, the brand or the challenges at hand.
- Proactively seek insights from a full range of primary and secondary research to understand attitudinal (qualitative) and behavioral (quantitative) aspects of consumers’ relationship with different aspects of the entertainment category
- Initiate and conduct research to help inform consumer understanding (20%)
- Develop surveys in partnership with Horizon’s consumer insights team and analyze results to uncover key strategic insights
- Assist with facilitation of focus groups and/or other qualitative research efforts (if needed)
- Proactively work with Horizon’s social intelligence team to conduct social listening and incorporate when relevant/necessary
- Manage and facilitate internal/client ideation sessions (10%)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience preferably at an agency or research firm setting in a consumer or culture-focused role (e.g. cultural strategist, connections planner, strategic planner, account planner)
- Passion for or industry experience in entertainment/theatrical a strong plus
- Voracious consumer of culture and content with the ability to recognize patterns and predict trends
- Strategic, creative and forward thinker. Ability to envision a future and help clients get and stay ahead of the curve.
- Experience with enterprise social listening platforms such as Netbase, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, etc.
- Can dig through data and see the forest for the trees
- Naturally curious about people and their wants, needs, attitudes and behaviors
- Demonstrated ability to generate strategic, innovative and influential insights from rigorous analysis
- Demonstrated skills in writing including clarity of thinking and making persuasive arguments for strategic recommendations
- A self-starter who thrives on project variety and a fast pace, and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience leveraging and conducting research to uncover insights, including syndicated research expertise (e.g. MRI/Simmons), quantitative research experience (e.g. writing and developing surveys for online consumer research) and digital/cultural anthropology
- Comfortable leveraging qualitative and cultural research to help inform and identify opportunities
- Experience presenting to clients and senior executives
- Service orientation with a strong work ethic and high-level of personal accountability
- Great at working in and helping to foster a collaborative team environment