- Create strategic partnerships that leverage EDI, Web, Mobile or multi-channel integration across enrollment, on-going eligibility maintenance and evidence of insurability.
- Be able to create strategic relationships that improve customer responsiveness to plan holders, decrease end to end set up time, improve accuracy and overall quality.
- Provide training on Guardian products and platforms to key vendors. Understand and institutionalize improvements based on vendor’s strategic direction.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with Key Vendors to discuss outstanding files that are not within the established turnaround times during testing.
- Create Scorecard reports to discuss during meetings.
- Look for trends and analysis for process improvement
- Have business and technical expertise to position Guardian’s products and benefits on electronic enrollment platforms to facilitate accurate and timely enrollment, rates and more.
- Have exceptional face to face and relationship building skills to uncover new and innovative partnerships with key Third Party Benefit Administration, Payroll, HRIS or EDI Vendors.
- Be able to interface with senior management/Vice Presidents in the strategic direction and partnerships across the end to end experience.
The position reports to the Director of Customer Eligibility and Payment Services.
Strong knowledge of Industry practice standards and Guardian process and systems.
- Earning Trust and Confidence –Demonstrates the courage to make difficult decisions and have candid conversations
- Leading Transformation and Change – Leads effectively in ambiguous environments.
- Delivering Long Term Values – Strategically aligns processes and resources to future goals and objectives.
- Follows through on commitments; takes accountability for achieving goals, while translating into a shared accountability for teams and peers when appropriate
- Experience building strategic relationships, influencing and negotiating strategic partnerships for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Open and honest; leads by example and through various modes of communication; promotes conflictions resolution; seeks input
- Actively seeks and takes on additional challenges to grow and develop professionally; understands strengths, development needs, and aspirations of team.
- Fosters a high level of teamwork through an understanding of how work is related across functional areas and contribute to organizational and partnership objectives
- Ability to manage multiple diverse internal customers (legal, sales, admin, etc)
- Sets service metrics reflecting competition and external benchmarks; makes quick and thoughtful decisions to resolve issues while preventing recurrence; monitors satisfaction and champions resolution to systematic impediments to excellence
- Intuitive problem solver; Applies a broad understanding of distribution, operations, risk management and applicable regulations.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and bias for action; facilitating quick and decisive issue resolution; articulates clear and realistic goals monitoring progress and taking action to improve outcomes; effective communication of work plans, deadlines, and progress status; plans for potential impediments, soliciting support when appropriate.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in account management, key account management or senior vendor relationship management role
- Certification in Project Management a plus
- Knowledge of Group Insurance products desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Occasional travel to regional sales and home offices – approximately 25%
- Occasional travel to meet with Key vendor partners – approximately 25% to 40%
In addition to the start of a great career path, we offer our employees:
- Retirement and 401k
- Paid parental leave and backup family care
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Life and disability insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- Wellness discounts
- A work-life balance
- We recognize the importance of a work life balance. We promote healthy lifestyles and flexible work arrangements for our employees.
- The ability to work off campus
- We have team members in a number of regional and satellite offices across the country. Our career paths and technology support flexible work arrangements for many roles, whether it be in one office, from home, or a combination of different locations.
- Philanthropic Opportunities
- Social responsibility is part of our mission. It stems from our corporate values of putting people first, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves to high standards. As a company and as employees, we are engaged in a variety of initiatives such as volunteering within our local communities, educational alliances with colleges, focusing on sustainability, and promoting diversity and inclusion.