As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for leading and managing the team that conducts all procurement activity for the program. Working with the program management team and supply chain managers, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating procurement activities for the program from development to production and into launch operations. You will report to the New Glenn program manager and will be responsible for while working with functional support organizations. This includes procurement planning, subcontract and supplier evaluation and selection, input to make/buy decisions, purchasing strategy and cash flow planning, regular reporting of procurement status and forecasting, and involvement in negotiations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop and manage program-wide procurement plan and schedule for New Glenn activities in Kent and Florida.
- Organize activities of supplier managers and buyers to ensure alignment with program schedule and cost strategy.
- Support Program Manager regarding design decisions, purchasing strategy, and manufacturing plans in order to achieve efficient logistics and a reliable, low cost sourcing strategy.
- Lead major subcontracts and critical supplier engagement, activities and corrective actions.
- Coordinate the development of purchasing strategy that takes into account lower lead times, reduced process flow, and reduced overall supply chain costs.
- Develop and manage alternate and backup supplier strategy and risk mitigation strategies where on-time and on-budget delivery is a risk to the program.
- Manage and coordinate the details of procurement contracts to establish consistency of operations. This includes supplier selection, RFPs, fact-finding and negotiation processes.
- Serve as an advocate for supplier quality initiatives and supplier engagement including an annual supplier summit.
- Track and monitor the status of procurements from PO through delivery and lead the resolution of procurement priority conflicts and critical supplier issues.
- As a leader you will build and manage a team, including developing resource plans and profiles, authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, supporting career development and conducting performance reviews.
- MS. degree or higher in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing, or Aerospace engineering or Economics
- Master’s in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or other related business field
- 15+ years of experience in development and production environments specific to aerospace applications or complex systems with a track record of increasing responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and established relationships with aerospace leaders. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder).
- Experience working with aerospace suppliers and subcontractors.
- Lean manufacturing and/or six sigma process implementation
- Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager) or Program Management Office (PMO)
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed