- Develop tactical and strategic relationships with suppliers to resolve escalated delivery and on-going quality issues to deliver reliable product supply and total cost effectiveness.
- Proactively determine and manage risks to supply and work with the Purchasing team to take preventative actions to mitigate.
- Identify supplier performance gaps and develop action plans to achieve desired performance levels.
- Partner cross functional teams on continuous supplier improvements and supplier management activities; interface directly with poor performing suppliers in development of improvement plans.
- Assist with the transition of component handoff from NPI to Operations Purchasing.
- Manage supplier performance through Quality and Business Reviews (QBR) and maintain supplier communications regularly.
- Be actively involved in understanding supplier’s manufacturing capability, inventory strategy, business trends, etc. while executing strategies to improve raw material delivery performance flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms.
- Negotiate agreements with strategic suppliers with an emphasis on meeting and exceeding Zero’s cost, quality, and delivery goals.
- Identify and formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source, and any supply issue.
- Gather and analyze spend data and forecast to initiate cost reduction opportunities.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future purchase price fluctuations.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing process flows, procurement concepts, global supply chain processes, activities, and trends.
- The ability to design, communicate and implement business processes and related metrics.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint), experience automating/establishing relational databases within an ERP system or equivalent in collaboration with IT, as well a passion for reporting.
- Ability to manage various projects and achieve timely results by effectively and efficiently prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Team player with ability to work with influencing and networking skills in cross functional teams.
- Transparent, open & comfortable with showing/ sharing work in detail.
- 6+ years experience in purchasing or commodity related background.
- 4+ years experience in managing multiple commodity areas procuring goods/services required.
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain management, engineering or other related field or comparable experience
- Knowledge and work experience in Quality and/or other technical field
- Expertise in , terms and negotiation
- Strong Project Management, Category Management and Strategic Sourcing skill set
Physical and Sensory Requirements: