General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist/Buyer to work within our Purchasing team, located in Torrey Pines. We are looking for a qualified and highly motivated IT procurement and contracts professional to interface effectively with supplier personnel (including sales people, all levels of management, and legal counsel), and GA internal customers (including IT, Engineering, Program Management, Legal and Contracts).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with internal Value Steam Managers to identify Software and Hardware needs. Reviews quotations and proposals and may conduct intermediate procurement negotiations.
- Validates purchase requisitions, develops and solicits bids, analyzes and evaluates responses, negotiates prices and other terms, monitors delivery, and maintains necessary records.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulations.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Identifies, develops and selects qualified suppliers.
- Evaluates supplier reliability and performance.
- Coordinates competitive and sole source procurements to meet required purchase dates and prepares requiredsupport documentation.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers’ bids. Performs cost and/or price analysis.
- Conducts major procurement negotiations involving agreements on terms and conditions as well as prices and schedules.
- Participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customers.
- Follows up, expedites, and negotiates changes relative to delivery and supplier performance.
- Maintains professional relationship with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- May represent the organization as the primary purchasing contact on assigned contracts/subcontracts. May make presentations as required.
- May provide advice to professional or technical staff on purchasing matters.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP and other applications.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline along with ten or more years of progressive professional purchasing experience. Equivalent professional purchasing experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- In depth knowledge and experience in key software suppliers and technologies, such as IBM, Oracle and Microsoft.
- Must be knowledgably in software licensing, renewals, enterprise and cloud agreement.
- Working knowledge of the government requirements for cloud based implementation.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to provide solutions to a range of complex purchasing problems; (2) strong communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide employees, managers, and customers; (4) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; (5) the ability to lead less experienced purchasing staff on projects; and, (6) strong computer skills.
- A complete understanding of purchasing concepts and principles, FAR and related governmental rules and regulations; and experience demonstrating a complete application of those principles, concepts, and practices is desirable.
- SAP experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Limited travel may be required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Job ID#: 23396BR