Job ID#: 18850BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to work within our team, located in Poway, CA. This position is responsible for assisting the GA-ASI Competition Advocate in the strategic sourcing and acquisition of commercial items.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and approve all non-competitive justifications for additional sourcing opportunities.
- Serve as a resource for program management, engineering, and procurement/supplier management for the identification of new and alternate sources.
- Participate in the supplier competition evaluation process for overall best value and supplier risk mitigation.
- Apply sourcing concepts and principles to support engineering team in identification of suppliers, based on current and future technical requirements.
- Utilize internal and external sourcing strategies and techniques to obtain optimum solutions.
- Assist procurement staff in the preparation of RFI’s, RFQ’s or RFP’s as needed.
- Provide direction and training to professional, technical or staff on supplier related matters and makes presentations as required.
- Develop strategic supplier sourcing plan of discovery, evaluation, selection, development and management.
- Compiles and analyzes data, determines expectations and evaluates supplier performance.
- Represents the Company as a primary contact and maintains professional relationship internal business groups and external suppliers.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all federal, state, and local laws, company policy and business etiquettes when conducting on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related discipline and six or more years of progressive professional supplier administration or management experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Prefer eight or more years of progressively sourcing suppliers and/or complex supply chain management experience.
- SAP experience is desired.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of supplier administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management, aerospace manufacturing and/or material control practices, concepts, principles and regulations.
- Cross-functional business team environment experiencepreferred with an ability to foster working relationships with the team and across internal departments.
- Must be a critical-thinker able to approach the task or project with innovative and creative solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems. Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and/or part of a team. Must be capable of representing the organization as the primary contact and support employees on projects. Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience in FAR, DFAR and ITAR desired.