This position is responsible for critical supply chain activities at the Kemin Nutrisurance palatant production facility in Verona, Missouri. It involves sourcing multiple ingredients, ensuring the timely acquisition of materials from suppliers and the proactive management of Kemin’s costs and metrics to ensure effective supply chain management. This position is a key member of our management team and requires flexibility that may require as much as 25% domestic travel.
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us. We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century. Committed to feed and food safety, Kemin maintains top-of-the-line manufacturing facilities where over 500 specialty ingredients are made for humans and animals in the global feed and food industries, as well as the health, nutrition, beauty and textile markets. We provide product solutions and options to customers in more than 120 countries.
A privately held, family-owned and operated company, Kemin has more than 2,300 global employees and operates in 90 countries including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Sourcing of services, proteins, raw materials, and commodities that may involve market research, procurement due diligence, customer utilization analysis, requirements and scope development.
- Development of plans to identify and source alternative materials providing equivalent or superior performance with same or decreased cost.
- Develop, administer, and negotiate supply agreements/contracts, manage supplier relations, and performance to ensure all identified agreements are upheld.
- Develop, communicate, and implement effective procurement strategies that support short, mid, and long-term growth objectives that affect continual development of Kemin business and services.
- Seek continuous value improvement of the overall efficiency of the supply chain process.
- Travel to suppliers; evaluate supplier operations, capabilities and limitations.
- Assess and forecast market conditions, and availability of raw materials. Obtain and clarify technical issues relating to raw materials.
- Provide expertise on raw material pricing (both current and future).
- Manage pre-shipment samples and supplier certifications.
What we require of you:
- Undergraduatedegree in Animal Science, Food Science, or related degreepreferred.
- 3-5years of supply chain, sourcing, purchasing, or materials management experience and/or certification training, must have knowledge of proteins
- Professional Certifications such as Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), or Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM) are highly desired.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to independently evaluate complex issues and use judgment while handling multiple projects.
- Proficient with desktop applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications.
- Experience developing and using Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to manage the performance of the supplier base.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, with strong influencing and persuasive characteristics.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive financial package- in addition to your salary, we offer an uncapped bonus opportunity, 401k match program, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Robust health and wellness support- we are proud to offer a fitness reimbursement (for your whole family!), an on-site fitness center, restaurant with seasonal fresh food options (and the ability to order food to bring home), and free fresh fruit in break areas- to name a few.
- Continued learning opportunities- Kemin offers tuition reimbursement and recently launched a new corporate university with online and in-person training opportunities for growth and development throughout your entire career.
- The chance to give back to our world- Through our foundation of servant leadership, we are proud to offer ample service opportunities, including paid time off to do so. Kemin has a valued corporate partnership with both The World Food Programme and Habitat for Humanity, in addition to many local initiatives.
- Opportunities to support our valued educators- Kemin is a proud sponsor of the Iowa Governor's Stem Advisory Council where we fund annual teacher's awards. In addition, we have a robust internship and externship program, and frequently host student tours.
A POST-OFFER PHYSICAL, INCLUDING DRUG TEST, IS REQUIRED
KEMIN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER