ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
As the Regional Sourcing Lead as ASML Wilton, you will have the responsibility for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of our key suppliers. Tapping into your strategic thinking, innate leadership and superior communication skills, you manage current supplier performance as well as uncover/ready potential new suppliers (as needed). You are a go-getter who takes the initiative while applying your skillful financial/business analysis skills which are greatly aided by your background in engineering or technology.
Our Wilton Sourcing & Procurement Team has an amazing opportunity for a savvy Procurement Professional looking to take their career to the next level. Each day will present new and exciting challenges including but not limited to:
· Manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential
· Continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
· Monitor developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately.
· Drive supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams.
· Negotiate Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda.
· Monitor contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML.
· Drive continuous cost and lead time reduction.
· Prepare supplier spending forecasts.
· Monitor supplier financial health. Ensure all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
· Execute the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
· Prepare for, lead, and follow-up from SAT ("Supplier Account Team") meetings
· Drive supply base rationalization within the commodity
· Initiate and drive closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformancies
· Participate in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings
· Align with the category team on global strategy and local execution (will dotted line report to category management).
· Bachelor degree in Business administration or Engineering is required or an equivalent combination of education & experience. A MBA is strongly preferred.
· 7+ years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment, including a minimum 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing. A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred.
· Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record.
· Proven ability to develop strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements.
· Hands-on work experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis.
· Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25%
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
· Superior negotiation skills including the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management both internally and externally, including cross functional teams.
· Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
· Proficiency in all MS Office Suite applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
· Knowledge of SAP is a plus