The Strategic Sourcing Manager will collaborate with North America stakeholders to develop strategy for aggressive sourcing of goods and services utilizing formalized Strategic Sourcing best practices, including establishment and development of strategic alliances with key suppliers. Facilitate and lead the development of price and budget forecasts for key market drivers, interaction with global buyers, value-engineering to reduce overall operating costs, contract negotiation and development, contract management and implementation, cost analysis and P&L impact, KPI tracking and reporting. Develop and communicate in-depth knowledge of key material market suppliers and cost infrastructure. Champion the Procurement function in specific categories of materials and services, including the facilitation of demand-to-settle processes, internal controls compliance, and supplier performance and contract compliance. Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers. Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What will you do?
- Provide center-led direction on company practices, policy and procedure in the procurement area. Conduct training and information meetings where needed. Communicate internal control and compliance requirements and monitor demand-to-settle process performance. (Process Optimization and Internal Controls)
- Develop procurement strategies in conjunction with the key BU leaders and stakeholders (Business Strategy Development) Track and report Supplier scorecards, KPIs, and performance measures. Conduct regular Supplier Performance and Alliance Relationship review meetings.
- Develop, monitor, and review the preferred/alliance/select supplier contracts in one or more categories to ensure supplier performance, user adoption and compliance. (Contract Management and Strategic Sourcing Processes)
- Collect, analyze and monitor requirements and specific information on category and supplier spend, standards, specifications, and industry benchmarks. (Industry Knowledge)
- Perform value-engineering analyses and purchasing guidance in conjunction with the key stakeholders to effect cost optimization for the corporation for materials and services. (Supplier Rationalization/Consolidation)
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Engineering, Finance or Related Field
- 10+ years relevant professional or managerial experience in business
- Minimum of 5 yrs. procurement experience specifically including souring, contract negotiations and vendor management.
- Prior project management experience required
- Proven experience driving procurement KPIs to deliver results
- Proven experience in developing and implementing cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives and Supplier partnering
- CPM, CPIM, or CSCP certification preferred.
- Experienced-to-Advanced MS Office products including MS Access
- Ariba, Fieldglass, Maximo, SAP preferred
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated history of strong finance, quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated mastery in building and maintaining interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization