- Analyze spend and develop cost reduction strategies.
- Evaluate capability, capacity, and quality of supply base and initiate the necessary changes to sustain growth.
- Identification and reporting of cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Develop and establish objectives and strategic direction in support of Viasat’s Aerospace and Defense business segments.
- Actively participate and drive the negotiation of agreements.
- Analyze spending and develop optimization strategies.
- Negotiate and administer optimal terms with suppliers that consider, among other things, cost, quality, schedule and supply continuity in support of unique program requirements.
- Establish and foster effective strategic supplier relationships.
- Align business needs with supplier capabilities and cost models.
- Compile and organize large amounts of data to support sourcing initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze existing contracts.
- Technical or Bachelor's Degree required in related discipline or seven years in manufacturing environment. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as a contracts negotiator, strategic sourcing management or a supply chain professional in an entrepreneurial, aerospace and defense, high?tech environment.
- Ability to identify areas for cost savings, cost reductions and cost mitigation.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical designs, electronic components, millimeter wave technology, contract manufacturing and related manufacturing activities.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and driven to achieve Viasat’s cost objectives.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
- Deep understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Proven cost savings and ability to do cost modeling.
- Experience with commodity and category management.
- Experience working in a new product introduction setting, dealing with low-volume/high-mix products, extremely complex electro-mechanical assemblies, EMSs and ODMs.
- High degree of comfort performing in an evolving environment.
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem solver with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests with the goal of obtaining cooperation.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation skills and a high degree of comfort presenting to an executive level audience.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of business software is required: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- US government position. US citizenship required.
- Up to 20% domestic travel.
- Experience with contract management, project management, and supplier relationship management within a low volume high mix environment.
- Space /Aerospace and Electronics program related experience.
- Experience with ERP system, Oracle or similar preferred.