This position is a key resource in driving reductions in total costs and strategically managing supplier relationships in order to improve the division’s profitability and competitive position. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing spend through the use of the division’s strategic sourcing process, including developing effective strategies, executing events and managing the overall success of sourced programs. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will work directly with internal business partners, and regional and division procurement personnel, to strategically leverage the scope, size, and experience of the businesses and to procure goods and services in a way which continuously improves supply quality, service, availability, and total cost management. The scope of the position is a spend of greater than $150 Million across a number of categories in the Preferred Materials region.
Develop and implement category strategies - Work extensively with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders in developing and implementing sourcing strategies to address cost, quality and service expectations and deliver innovative products and solutions
- Employ strategic sourcing processes that drive effective strategy development and supplier selection
- Capitalize on supplier capabilities and market trends
- Utilize creative approaches to reduce total cost and develop negotiation strategies with alternative plans
- Conduct effective supplier negotiations with clear outcomes
- Formulate roll-out and implementation plans including supplier and employee communication
- Prepare contingency plans to mitigate risk on supply and cost
Leadership and Development – Responsible for the leadership and development of a team of Sourcing Specialists
- Lead, develop, and motivate the team of Sourcing Specialists supporting the region
- Establish goals, savings targets, and developmental plans for Sourcing Specialists, and assure necessary resources are provided to achieve said goals
- Continuously provide constructive feedback to foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team
Manage supplier relationships and performance – Directs efforts to negotiate, contract and manage performance with key suppliers to ensure that all service levels are achieved and that continuous improvement efforts are implemented.
- Execute contracts and service level agreements
- Measure internal compliance to commitments
- Measure supplier performance to service levels and othercontractual obligations
- Develop performance processes to incorporate metrics and establish continuous improvement plans
- Manage product discontinuations or changes
- Obtain stakeholder feedback and communicate program progress (including key performance metrics and program benefits) to internal stakeholders.
Identify New Opportunities - Find new opportunities to improve value and performance which deliver demonstrable benefits for the business
- Evaluate new products or services
- Reduce the supplier base
- Optimize existing purchasing practices to leverage spend across other operating divisions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science or related degreerequired with 5 or more years of business, procurement, plant operations / engineering or related experience.
- Solid Strategic Sourcing / category management skills with a proven record for delivering results.
- Effective team builder and leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team within a highly matrixed environment
- Knowledge of procurement tools and process management including: strategic sourcing processes; procurement best practices, procedures, and policies; and strategic sourcing and operating metrics.
- Experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and / or ERP systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with formation of cross functional teams
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing would be beneficial
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Ability to cultivate relationships and build networks based on trust and confidence
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results through influence, persuasion, leadership, presentations, training, and group facilitation skills.
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Demonstrated orientation and commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven negotiation results
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment
- Understanding of Sourcing’s impact on financial results
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
Job ID: 127690