Job Code : 2018-6501
Teledyne LeCroy is a leading manufacturer of advanced oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and other test instruments that verify performance, validate compliance, and debug complex electronic systems quickly and thoroughly. It is a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced environment filled with engineers and scientists who share a passion to be the best. We are located in Chestnut Ridge, New York (Rockland County), 30 minutes northwest of the city that never sleeps NYC.
This position is responsible to develop and manage key supplier relationships in order to reduce our spending on electronic components and printed circuit assembly (Electronic Manufacturing) services. The position will work to coordinate vendor development and negotiation across 6-8 different business units all within the Teledyne Instrumentation group. To do this, the person will have toanalyze spending on current suppliers, identify opportunities for cost reduction, create specifications for new contracts orders, evaluate vendor proposals, and develop new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Analyze all aspects of printed circuit spend (both assembly and component) to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means supply both domestically and internationally
- Evaluates vendor quotations to ensure the utilization of appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service
- Identify opportunities to leverage spend across multiple business units by negotiating withcomponent and service suppliers
- Negotiate and consolidate suppliers across multiple business units to improve supply chain efficiency
- Recruits and develop suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price
- Identify logistics utilization inefficiencies, opportunities for consolidation of freight and generalcost reductions
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability
- Implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of services and items to specifications
- Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations and cost savings targets
- Frequently interacts with purchasing managers of various business units. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical and business information concerning specific project/schedules.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning electronic manufacturing component and assembly service spend
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related positions
- 10 years of directly related experience in Electronic manufacturing/printed circuit assembly or electronic component purchasing or equivalent combination of education and experience
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a general knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ERP/MRP Software usage. Experience required with and large data set analysis using Microsoft Excel PivotTables.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
- APICS Certified desirable
- Working knowledge of INCO terms from the International Chamber of Commerce
- Sedentary light work is involved in a typical office or administrative environment
- Travel to multiple domestic and international company sites to develop plans with key departments that utilize component and assembly suppliers