Strategic Sourcing Manager
Under the general supervision of the Director of Supply Demand, manages critical supplier relationships to provide a continuous supply status of all required materials within cost and quality parameters to best
serve the manufacturing requirements and objectives of Lantronix. Assess supplier capabilities in areas of
process technology, capacity planning, cost/performance, and long term relationship.
- Coordinates and acts as an escalation path for purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Participate in quarterly business reviews as required.
- Establish QBR metrics, cost/delivery improvement plans, PPV and contract dispute
- Manage and update supplier performance metrics.
- Responsible to negotiate all price reduction and lead-time reduction activities
- Selects vendors and places purchase orders, ensuring effective negotiation of terms,
- price and delivery.
- Participate in regular NPI meetings
- Manage new product introduction including establishing Supply Chain and First Article
- qualification and transfer to manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for releasing NPI build blanket purchase orders, sale of components to CM, and
- purchase order and inventory reconciliation and maintenance.
- Able to gather QBR metrics, delivery improvement plans, track and monitor purchase
- price variance and contract dispute resolution
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontractors for the highest quality at
- best value.
- Conducts negotiation with primary and secondary suppliers regarding long term security
- of supply, capacity assurance, risk management, and process change
- notifications through to product end of life.
- Interacts closely with subcontract suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues; works with
- management to address all aspects of subcontract management, including
- procurement support, industry trends assessment, pricing audit, ensure timely
- purchase order releases and product availability.
- Implementation of latest approved pricing and address all price discrepancies.
- International travel20%-25%
- BS or BA degree is required or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5years of experience in Procurement,Supply Management, Material Control and the management of subcontractor relationships. Experience developing suppliers and supplier selections processes,working together with technical staff.
Education, Skills and Competencies
- 5years of purchasing experience, preferably in a high-tech environment
- Minimum of 5years of experience in Procurement, Supply Management, Material Control and the management of subcontractor relationships. Experience developing suppliers and supplier selections processes, working together with technical staff.
- Understanding of material management, manufacturing operations
- High level of Supply and Subcontractor Management concepts required
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and strategic skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel
- Chinese Mandarin language required
- APIC a plus
- Oracle a plus
- Ability to understand the Supplier process and the impact they have on Lantronix processes
- Ability to collect and analyze data to propose solutions to procurement team related problems
- Good understanding of Product Development Cycle
- Knowledge of electronic component market supply situation