This position enhances Huber’s overall competitive position in the marketplace by developing, implementing and maintaining strategies globally for the sourcing activities associated with the supply of materials for the FRA, GCC, Nutrition and SAS facilities globally and mineral requirements the HEM business’s use in the manufacturing processes on a division-wide basis. Manages all activities associated with the purchase of multiple commodities deemed to be strategic to the organization, including the study and analysis of the respective commodity markets and general market trends to ensure that materials are purchased at competitive prices. This position is based in Atlanta.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate material procurement activities and requirements for HEM for any categories assigned
- Participate in planning for inventory plans in coordination with plant material teams and provide counsel on market dynamics affecting decisions on inventory management and planning levels
- Provide intelligence on price and market movements which impact our supply & price equation and assist the commercial & product teams in development of competitive market strategies
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers and manages vendor business review process in collaboration with the Sector/Business Unit Purchasing Leaders to maximize value
- Complete contractual requirements for materials for Huber facilities in collaboration with legal and business strategies
- Support the of quality and audit protocols and promote process control for procurement in the region
- Identify new sources of materials used in manufacturing required in the respective categories by HEM, utilizing established protocols where applicable while applying consistent methods and practices within approved policies.
- Lead effort for region in identifying and commercializing ‘Low Cost Country’ sourcing opportunities for Huber within the region
- Liaison and assist other Huber businesses in sourcing requirements as needed
- Manage vendor non-conformance or non-performance of contracts in conjunction with respective Quality, Legal and Procurement functions.
- Negotiate company’s position within established Grants of Authority
Specialized/Technical Knowledge or Required Skills
- The successful candidate will have a 4 yr. Degree in Supply Chain Management and 5-10 years purchasing experience and or a related field of practice
- Candidates with significant relevant experience or with other educational background will also be considered.
- Chemical and/or Mineral Industry experience would be preferred.
- It is desired that the successful candidate has at least 5-10 years of relevant purchasing, sales or business administration experience. An emphasis or concentration in the minerals, energy and or chemical industries is an advantage but not a requirement.
- The candidate must have heavy experience in spreadsheets/databases and presentation skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- This position requires travel up to 40% of the time.
Our employees are our strongest asset, and their safety, health, and well-being is our highest priority. We respect the individual by providing opportunities for professional and personal development. Our Principles drive us to create an inclusive workplace where employees share core values, show dignity and respect toward others, and work hard to achieve their best performance.