The Strategic Sourcing Manager’s primary responsibility is to achieve year-on-year improvement in total cost, quality, and service by leading regional and global sourcing activities and managing supplier relationships for a portfolio of commodities across the IT space, which is inclusive of IT services, Telecom, Hardware, Software (internal and embedded into Rockwell products) and peripherals. Leadership of cross-functional strategic sourcing teams (made up of Commodity Managers, IT Functional Managers, Operations Managers, Quality Managers and Legal support), accountable for execution and implementation of the sourcing strategies within the IT corporate functions. Depending on commodity complexity, this position will be responsible for annual spend up to $350 million.
Achieve year-on-year process improvements within procurement and continually streamline purchasing activities across Rockwell for medium to low dollar transactions across the indirect commodities/services This position will require close working relationships with functional leaders specifically in the corporate IT space (CIO, VP of IT, Project Leaders in Telecom, Software, Outsourcing), and Shared Services (accounts payable).
Key responsibilities include:
1) Support the recruitment, motivation, development, and organization of a professional purchasing staff (this position will have five direct reports) to enable successful performance of department functions
2) Managing implementation of procurement strategies
3) Create strategies to efficiently manage department workload, ensuring priorities are aligned with the demands on the department
4) Measuring/tracking internal performance within each spend category/commodity
5) Coordinate the development and monitoring of key performance metrics for critical department activities, ensuring alignment with OES and plant level performance requirements
6) Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process, striving to optimize value extraction from the ERP (SAP) and Indirect Punch Out systems through elimination of variation and waste, focusing on continuous process improvement.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet