Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage and negotiate new product development NRE budgets with outsourced development suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Manage and negotiate product production costs (materials, labor, overhead, margins, etc.) with suppliers to drive the best results for Illumina while ensuring all quality and product requirements are met.
- Drive RFQs and strategic sourcing activities for new products as requested.
- Manage design and development partners and suppliers during the development phase to strengthen relationship and ensure continuity of supply while reducing business risks.
- Develop metrics and drive supplier business reviews to drive schedule adherence, supplier process improvements, attainment of cost targets, assurance of supply, etc.
- Negotiate development agreements, statements of work, and supply agreements achieving favorable terms that mitigate business risks and protect Illumina’s IP while reducing product cost and inventory levels.
- Deliver project status and financialreporting as needed
- Ensure timely availability of new product manufacturing capacity as production demands scale up over time.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
- Prefer MBA candidates
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Must have over 7 years proven ability in overall Supply Chain process development, project management and execution.
- Must have international experience managing suppliers and outsourced development partners
- Experience with Contract Manufacturing (CM) and Outsourced Design and Manufacturing (ODM) partners
- Strategic thinker; anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action while also executing on concrete business objectives
- Customer focused, very responsive, and action oriented to meet business needs while maintaining a positive, professional outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; both domestic and international
- Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into actions.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Aptitude to multi-task and lead projects / negotiations.
- Ability to work and interact with all departments within Illumina
- Willingness to challenge the status quo with sound rationale
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).