It is the primary responsibility of the Strategic Sourcing Manager – Development (F&B OS&E) to lead the procurement activities for Food & Beverage (F&B) Operational Supplies and Equipment (OS&E) on new developments and large capital projects. This position is responsible for identifying all managed category strategies, implementing and growing programs at new developments and new acquisitions, and directly contributes to strategic sourcing negotiations. This role will be a crucial component in driving incremental program savings and ensuring spend under management. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
- Direct all related activities for new developments and large capital projects in partnership with property operations, corporate SME’s, Global Procurement PMO, Strategic Sourcing, Construction, and supplier.
- Prepare and validate initial project budgets.
- Manage the implementation of corporate programs and corporate program RFP’s through local distribution.
- Develop and execute RFP’s for non-corporate program categories and manage RFQ’s with Purchasing team as required, inclusive of supplier identification.
- Manage the purchase order creation and issuance process in conjunction with Corporate Purchasing.
- Oversee, monitor and adjust expediting process for assigned categories as needed for project critical items.
- Direct the delivery, receiving, distribution, off-site receiving, and installation processes as needed.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of new acquisitions into corporate programs, partnering closely with property operations and Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing and PMO to ensure successful implementation.
- Ensure DCIP process and contracting is completed, as required.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or related field; or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 5 years of procurement experience with a focus on F&B OS&E spend areas.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in category strategy development.
- Certified Professional Supply Management (CPSM).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.