Analyze business plans, spend data, supplier and market data, to determine optimal sourcing strategies across businesses and assigned suppliers and/or commodities.
Contributes to the achievement of defined category performance targets and participates in or leads competitive RFPs as necessary. Determine and recommend alternate supply strategies to create cost savings and/or supply support solutions. Train and mentor other Procurement team members.
- *Bachelor's Degree required
- *Minimum 7 years Procurement experience required
- *Minimum 5 years of experience working for a bank or financial services company required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have knowledge of negotiation principles & practices, and procurement practices.
- Ideal candidate is continuously learning and stays current on industry practices for product and services within the assigned category(s).
- Must have skill in Negotiation & Drafting: Acts with integrity. Experienced and skilled contract negotiator. Experienced drafting contracts terms & conditions and working with a team to develop a negotiation and sourcing strategy which will lead to the best negotiate outcomes.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Skill in asking questions and open to learning new concepts, ideas, and implement them.
- Must have ability to:
- Deliver: Creates and seizes opportunities even when faced with ambiguity; acts with integrity, is accountable and advocates in the best interest of the bank; is decisive and acts in a timely manner, acts on information and adapts with changes; seeks and accepts responsibility for failure; share responsibility for team success; seek best practices from across all industry sectors; advocate for solutions that will set the foundation for win-win solutions in future business opportunities.
- Communication: Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical Thinking: Thinks systematically and strategically to analyze issues, develop and create short and long term actionable plans. Considers details and sees the big picture. Sees around corners to preempt potential problems and leverage opportunities; connects multiple seemingly unrelated problems to see the big picture
- Innovation: Continually develops a better understanding of current and future challenges and opportunities; creates a recommendation and works with Procurement to successfully implements ideas. Systematically develops new approaches to standard or recurring goals and issues.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Generates the best outcomes through collaboration (business, Legal, compliance, etc.). Values colleagues' individual differences and talents. Shares important or relevant information with the team to ensure solutions meets the needs of the bank.
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in completing a task/analysis/project with concern for all elements required at every level.
- Planning: Effectively manages time and resources.
- Embraces challenges.
- Lead a team and manage up.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Master's degree a plus
Job ID BATS-8456