The Category Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising strategic sourcing & supplier management activities for a segment of the Wolters Kluwer sourcing scope. The Category Manager works cross functional with the stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure that business objectives and strategies are achieved and will report into the VP, Strategic Sourcing for IT and Infrastructure category. Activities of the Category Manager include developing and maintaining a deep understanding of contracts, suppliers and processes; taking point on the implementation of agreements; managing supplier relationships; maintaining consistent and coordinated communications throughout with vendor partners; governing supplier performance and adherence to contractual obligations and processes; collaborating with internal teams and providers to identify and implement new opportunities for expansion; participating in organizational activities to meet or exceed company objectives; and representing Wolters Kluwer within the industry.See More
- Manage activities for a segment of the IT and Infrastructure category portfolio through effective business partnering for a subset of vendor portfolio
- Have a deep understanding of the baseline spend for the category portfolio assigned, leveraging deep analytics insights
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the IT and Infrastructure category of spend
- Proactively manage key internal and external stakeholders across business, support functions and supplier base by acting as true business partners for their respective category portfolio to achieve the business strategic objectives', capture, manage and resolve any procurement issues raised for their supported categories and continuously seek out opportunities to improve effectiveness, collaboration and excellence along the product lifecycle
- Oversee the supplier relationship management, ensuring the defined SRM strategies and processes by the Ecosystem and SRM teams are implemented, the suppliers are appropriately segmented, developed and managed
- Define and lead performance tracking and reporting for respective category grouping, ensuring metrics are properly approved, established and reported regularly, on time, achieving compliance
- Manage strategic sourcing and contracting, driving make, buy, lease or outsourcing services and products decisions
- Maintaining large, complex contracts (e.g., AT&T, AWS, Microsoft)
- Proven strong analytical ability to solution problems and drive results
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Strong Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills
- Great network orchestrator, business partnering and influencer skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Change champion
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing managed services, hosting, and cloud is preferred
- Procurement management, optimization and excellence, subject matter expertise is preferred
- Deep business acumen and strong strategic and conceptual skills is preferred
- Proactively pursues professional development activities (e.g., attending seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks)
- Manages time and company resources appropriately
- Performs other duties as requested by senior leadership
Education and experience
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in finance, sourcing or related discipline;
Preferred: Master's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
Minimum Experience: 5 years of Business experience managing internal/external relationships,
- Solved complex problems to drive value to the organization
- Working with cross functional international stakeholders across the company
- Knowledge and/or experience in IT and Infrastructure business domains is preferred
- Defining and implementing large, complex contracts is preferred
- Vendors negotiation is preferred
- Participating in large vendor compliance reviews
- Participating in benchmark reviews
- Managing changes/amendments to contracts
- Demonstrating an expert knowledge of hosting services and manages services
- Working with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures
- Collaborating with multiple internal teams
- Demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrating organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Utilizing the Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
Preferred Experience (includes minimum): 5 years of experience managing supplier relationships and
strategic sourcing, including:
- Contributing to and influencing business decisions
- Contributing to the development of business strategy
- Developing and implementing process improvements
- Demonstrating proficiency in multiple languages
Work from home/remote
- Domestic and international travel less than 20% of work time.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Ability to travel by air.
- Ability to obtain a MasterCard/ Citicard
- Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
Valid through: 6/15/2021