This individual will support the Strategic Sourcing function across direct spend categories (e.g. food & beverage and direct materials and services (e.g. facility services, hotel supplies, small wares) within the enterprise-wide procurement function at Delaware North. Will provide strategic sourcing support for the organization to deliver against company initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and standardizing purchasing practices.
The Direct Sourcing Manager is required to lead teams of cross-functional stakeholders through a structured multi-step strategic sourcing process; to capture business requirements, analyze supply markets, develop appropriate sourcing strategy, evaluate prospective supplier responses, select suppliers and negotiate agreements that deliver best in class value to the organization.
- Leverage knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term procurement and sourcing strategies.
- Deliver value, drive continuous improvement, and provide savings by applying strategic sourcing leading practices.
- Facilitate the transfer of best practices and continuous improvement processes and practices and the generation of new savings ideas to impact enterprise spend.
- Lead the creation and implementation of sourcing and demand management strategies, manage the development of RFx materials, detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection.
- Ability to understand customer needs and drive results to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate the best price, quality, service levels and delivery terms for contracted products and services.
- Perform complex value analysis and financial evaluations of bid proposals, including evaluating potential supplier?s relative financial strength and capabilities to deliver results over the term of the contract.
- Support the development and negotiation of contracts with suppliers to accomplish lowest total system cost, lowest TCO, and savings objectives.
- Employ analytical skills, with ability to lead others to understand market dynamics as well as complex customer/client needs
- Act as liaison between internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure compliance to sourcing policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight and evaluate ethical procurement practices, including compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal/state/local regulations.
- Collaborate with internal/external Legal resources in negotiating with suppliers regarding contractual/legal matters of significance to ensure optimum cost, reliable supply and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Acting as a strategic business partner, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts who are responsible for managing day-to-day relationships with suppliers.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders by facilitating a structured, effective and efficient eight step sourcing process.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to select and award business to suppliers.
- BA/BS degreepreferred in Business Administration/Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field. Certified Purchasing Manager(CPM) or CPSM certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a procurement role with strategic sourcing experience.
- Experience in strategic sourcing within complex spend categories including but not limited to; food & beverage and direct materials and services (e.g. facility services, hotel supplies, small wares).
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders and other supporting teams at all levels of the organization and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across internal and external audiences.
- Strong project managementexperience
- Strong financial acumen with consultative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, developed through significant corporate sourcing environment experience
- Experience negotiating commercial terms and service level agreements for indirect services, construction, and capital equipment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including the ability to create/manage complex spreadsheets and perform quantitative analysis in MS Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Procurement: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Purchasing Manager(CPM) or CPSM certification: 1 year (Preferred)
- strategic sourcing within complex spend categories: 3 years (Required)
- Strategic Sourcing (e.g. facility services, hotel supplies): 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Buffalo, NY (Preferred)