AriensCo is seeking a high-caliber Strategic Sourcing Manager to be responsible for leading sourcing efforts for purchased power equipment and assigned commodities across both of the Brillion, WI facilities, in addition to assisting the AriensCo UK facility as required. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will own and manage the relationships between AriensCo and suppliers of assigned commodities and all contract manufacturers of whole goods. The primary focus will be on balancing in-house capacities and costs with outsourced needs, capabilities and pricing. This position will be located in Brillion, WI.
THE DAY TO DAY...
- Lead the discovery and development process for potential new sources, coordinating the quoting process thru initial orders and hand off to materials leaders/planning team
- Identify and pursue cost reduction opportunities, including logistical costs, for assigned commodities, as well as leveraging current supply base aggregate purchase volumes from all facilities for lowest applied cost
- Review bid proposals and contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Negotiate contractual terms and conditions with suppliers, including warranty provisions
- Evaluate current internal costs of production/processes to compare to external suppliers for make vs buy
- Monitor and communicate existing supplier performance, use in quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Work closely with and supports appropriate supplier interface with internal product teams
- Introduce new innovation and technology from current and new suppliers to relevant product development teams
- Commodity responsibility will include tires, seats, injection molding components, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in sourcing, supply chain and/or buying/procurement
- Experience with commodity responsibility for tires, seats, injection molding components, etc. highly preferred
- Experience in contract negotiation preferred
- Demonstrable experience in cost reduction activities preferred
- CPM certified preferred