This position will manage and support global Strategic Sourcing activities and projects as part of Supply Chain operations.Responsible for source selection, supplier development, transitioning of products from product development to production, supply strategy, negotiations, contracts and supplier management for multiple commodities and contract manufacturers. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will provide procurement and project management supporting cross-functional teams, working as an sourcing liaison between the product management team, engineering, finance, business unit, internal factories, and the supplier.This position has full responsibility for the implementation, management and evaluation of all phases of sourcing operations.
- Promote operational efficiency and facilitate cross-functional decision making related to sourcing.
- Participates in the coordination and release of R&D projects.
- Develop/execute commodity and supply base optimization strategies and action plans.
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers; search for new suppliers.
- Initiate and execute cost savings projects.
- Initiate and execute request for quotation.
- Collaborate with cross functional groups to develop and qualify materials, components, processes, assemblies and suppliers.
- Negotiate prices, terms, statements of work, technical requirements and contracts in collaboration with the legal department.
- Manage projects and tasks to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Work with supply base to identify and optimize safety, quality, delivery, and cost initiates.
- Develops and recommends best practices.
- Integrates Solutions across the business through application of broad understanding of how the company operates.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
Position Requirements (Knowledge and Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials/Procurement Mgmt, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in Sourcing.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in procurement, sourcing and management of contract manufacturers.
- International Procurement Experience.
- Negotiating and contracting expertise desired. Demonstrated ability to handle difficult and complex contracts.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing processes, delivery/scheduling tools and techniques, basic technical knowledge, materials expertise, and quality controls and basic design concepts.
- Demonstrated problem solving capability and use of system tools to aid project development.
- Ability to understand and apply Total Cost of Ownership principles.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job as described to you for the position.