Job Description & Requirements
The Strategic Sourcing Director-Ingredients (SSD) will be responsible for the development and execution of supply sourcing and procurement activities for Non-Dairy Ingredient categories (including but not limited to bases, coatings, cocoa, colors, cultures, flavors, fruits, stabilizers, sugar, sweeteners, tea, wafers/cones).
The SSD will also be responsible for applying best-in-class procurement processes and technology, working collaboratively with key internal business partners and ensuring early involvement of procurement expertise in new innovation projects, managing special projects, driving procurement/supplier initiatives to meet product, service, quality and overall supply requirements, and achieving cost savings objectives.
The SSD will also support the execution of major spend reduction initiatives being conducted at the executive level.
- Develop national strategies for assigned sourcing categories to meet present and future supply requirements by applying advanced knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, tools and technology; global commodities; and contract law. Continually search out new sourcing opportunities and implement as needed to strengthen and ensure Dean Food’s competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Assume an “expert” role for assigned categories/commodities on a national basis. Consult and collaborate with technical counterparts and cross-functional team members – as well as the Field Procurement Directors and the field operations – to gain a thorough understanding of supply requirements that will meet/exceed customer requirements in a practical manner.
- Initiate and lead cross-functional team efforts to reduce total system costs through strategic sourcing, component standardization, and/or use of substitute materials; seek out and adapt new supplier innovations and technologies that will result in overall operational effectiveness, simplification and cost reduction, while partnering with R&D, Quality, Operations, and Commercial to assure success.
- Work with our legal team and other cross-functional resources to lead the negotiation process, ensure timely contract execution, and resolve all contracts issues.
- Build strong value-adding relationships with suppliers, field and corporate personnel, and cross-functional organizations and teams. Contribute to creating “pull” from the organization for Procurement.
- Conduct periodic business reviews with key suppliers and internal business partners. Develop, implement and manage processes for supply-related problem resolution and opportunity identification between users and suppliers that result in high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Adopt new standards and best practices that elevate Dean Foods’ procurement capabilities and effectiveness
- Meet or exceed cost reduction objectives for assigned categories, consistent with the overall Annual Operating Plan. Track and report regularly on cost reductions achieved relative to goals.
- Work with Category Execution Managers and Procurement Analysts to transfer and build knowledge of relevant supply markets, and to facilitate professional development.
- Embrace and exemplify Dean Foods Guiding Principles
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- MBA and CPM and/or CPSM purchasing certification desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in multiple roles or functions within large corporations, with a minimum 6-8years within sourcing and procurement.
- Food/Beverage industry experience and/or experience in or knowledge of supply markets for agricultural, oil-derivative commodities, or indirect materials/services preferred
- Strong experience leading cross-functional teams to develop and implement sourcing strategies
- Strong interpersonal, process management and negotiating/influence skills
- Executive presence: ability to communicate with, present to, and influence executive leadership in a succinct and articulate way to facilitate effective decision making
- Demonstrated track record of success
Requisition ID 2018-6444