SUMMARY: As the most profitable bank in South Florida (Q1 2019 South Florida Business Journal), BankUnited prides itself on its entrepreneurial and collaborative culture encompassing the best minds, the brightest talent and the boldest decision makers. As a company, we believe we are only as successful as our people. That's why we foster an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to advance, grow and achieve their goals.
Working for BankUnited offers you exciting challenges and opportunities to advance your professional career while empowering you to deliver your best.
At this time, we are seeking a dynamic Strategic Sourcing Director to fill a new key leadership role in our re-designed Business Spend Management (Corporate Procurement) unit, a critical contributor to BankUnited's mission of operational excellence. The Strategic Sourcing Director will lead the capture of value through implementation of a strategic sourcing framework, will have the opportunity to create and implement a strategic sourcing strategy, and to build a team that will take the Bank's procurement model to the next level. Apply now and start your journey with BankUnited today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key executives throughout the organization, serving as a key consultant to the business units and ambassador for the business spend management unit.
- Develop and implement an enterprise-wide strategic sourcing framework, including applicable sourcing, supply chain and procurement policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop a strategic plan for savings capture, defining goals, objectives and deliverables, aligned with business units.
- Insure that policies and procedures conform with and satisfy the requirements of internal policies and applicable regulatory guidance.
- Attract, develop, retain and supervise the strategic sourcing team.
- Develop and implement a robust spend analytics and reporting framework and related processes, partnering with business unit leaders and executivemanagement to budget, track and monitor spend; analyze and recommend appropriate action with respect to adverse trends or opportunities identified.
- Lead the development and execution of bidding strategies, processes and documentation, including the evaluation of possible extensions, modifications, or termination of existing supplier relationships.
- Partner with business unit leaders to assist them in making informed decisions related to contracting for goods and services and the selection of vendors.
- Manage the optimization of vendor product quality and value.
- Manage relationships with key vendors, administering periodic reviews of contractual agreements to ensure fulfillment of regulatory requirements, obligations and service level standards.
- Manage consolidation/rationalization of the company vendor database.
- Oversee contract administration and related processes, insuring compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiate contract terms, pricing and SLAs to optimize value to the Company, proactively identifying and addressing contractual issues.
- Execute continuous process improvement, leveraging existing and emerging best practices and technologies as applicable.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and KEY SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in leading strategic sourcing organizations.
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering or related.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Experience in the transformation or development and implementation of a strategic sourcing and analytics framework, including related processes, procedures and reporting protocols.
- A track record of process improvement and implementation of best practices; strong skills in organizational construction and change management.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience negotiating contracts in a variety of disciplines.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interacting with all levels of internal personnel as well as with legal counsel and outside contractors/vendors. Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and difficult conversations.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven record of cost savings, cost avoidance and risk mitigation.
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts and agreements.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively employ advanced mathematical and statistical concepts.
- High level of proficiency in excel; proficiency in use of Tableau or similar, and in managing and analyzing large quantities of data.