At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Strategic Sourcing Consultant 3 will be a key member of newly formed team to support recently centralized Corporate Risk and Finance Organizations with a focus on improving governance, controls, efficiency and oversight. This person will work with key senior leaders within these organizations to determine the long-term needs and applicable supply/service strategies impacting the entire enterprise. This person will work across multiple spend categories and will develop Strategic Sourcing strategies and leads contract negotiations for high risk and highly complex products and/or services, and suppliers who have significant strategic business impacts. Represents and advocates SCM strategies and goals in cross-enterprise initiatives and teams. Leads the development of deal strategies for complex engagements. Leads strategic and acquisition-related sourcing and contracting activities or enterprise expense reduction initiatives. Partners with business groups to issue/evaluate RFx opportunities and conduct reverse auctions. Accountable for category savings targets for multiple categories and supplier performance measurements. Manages suppliers and relationships from a life-cycle perspective with a focus on reducing cost/spend, increasing customer satisfaction, and maximizing business impact. Establishes e-business (procure-to-pay), diversity, environmental, and Strategic Sourcing cost reduction strategies to continually improve category effectiveness and efficiencies. Identifies and drives TCO (total cost of ownership) process improvements to reduce costs. Leads systematic review of contract and spend data to formulate cost savings hypothesis. Evaluates company purchasing patterns and forecasts trends. Reviews and approves benchmark standards and conduct gap analysis with "best practices". Proactively identifies and escalates risk-related issues, identifies alternative options/solutions based upon standard templates and alternative industry approaches. Leads structured analysis of supplier industry, economics, and market conditions. Identify and pre-qualify supply alternatives.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: direct sourcing, contract management, or consulting
- A Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- A Master's degree or higher
- 5+ years of contract negotiation and pricing experience
- Ability to manage vendor relationships for products or services including: contract negotiation, oversight, and SLA management
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Experience developing and executing sourcing strategies
- Experience with financial services businesses in a regulated environment
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contract negotiation
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of sourcing methodology
Other Desired Qualifications
- Five plus years’ experience sourcing, negotiating and contracting professional services, audit services, software, SAAS, and outsourcing efforts for a large complex organization in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to support large Corporate Finance and Risk organizations
- Strong understanding of a large diversified Financial Services organization’s operations that provide banking, insurance, investments, mortgage banking, investment banking, retail banking, brokerage and consumer finance services in order to provide support to the respective lines of business.
- Prior experience supporting a large risk organization in highly regulated industry
- Experience building and managing relationships with key stakeholders and working across large organizations
- Proven history of leading successful Enterprise level initiatives and cross functional teams, including strategy development, engagement, execution, fulfillment, change management, communications, and senior level stakeholder engagement and partnership.
- Graduate Degree / MBA/ JD
- Highly independent and self-motivated; results and quality driven