STRATEGIC SOURCING CATEGORY MGR
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager requires strong influencing, communication, creativity, partnership-building, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager shall support the organization by actively leading the sourcing, contracting and procurement of non-merchandise goods and services (both capital and expense) in support of Ulta’s corporate strategy for specific categories or Departments. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager shall add value to the organization through cost savings and risk mitigation to maximize profitability. S/he shall partner with department leaders to analyze spending, lead requests for proposals, compile contracts and written agreements, evaluate effectiveness of product and service programs and influence cost and quality improvements. The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for developing and executing plans and strategies for complex spend areas. S/he reports directly to the Sr. Director of Procurement and may have management responsibility for one or more direct reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze spend data, create sourcing plans and strategies for specific Departments or categories.
- Partner with stakeholders to optimize value, improve processes, rationalize Ulta’s supply base, leverage Ulta’s growth and reduce costs.
- Strategically partner with stakeholders to clarify and meet their business needs by applying leading edge sourcing and procurement tools, methods and processes.
- Meet with Department stakeholders on a regular basis as well as annually to plan sourcing, contracting and procurement activities for in process projects as well as future acquisitions in support of the company’s five (5) year plan.
- Partner with stakeholders to evaluate existing programs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Champion the sourcing, contracting and procurement process throughout the organization.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with suppliers, internal partners, affiliates and professional organizations to bring maximum value to ULTA guests, shareholders and associates.
- Negotiate complex agreements and lead negotiation strategies.
- Direct and conduct bid/quote collection and contracting activities, utilizing eSourcing and eContract Management software as appropriate.
- Develop, document and implement improved processes surrounding RFx’s, bid analysis, purchasing strategies, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, contract processing and etc.
- Draft, negotiate, review and finalize written contracts.
- Serve as liaison between Legal Services and internal stakeholders.
- Coach and develop team members to continue professional growth.
- Support and lead procurement activities for functional areas (goods or services, capital or expense, projects, process improvement) as assigned to include timely issuance or orders, deliveries and payment of invoices for the assigned departments or categories.
- Provide forecasting and budgeting support to assigned departments and categories as needed basedupon knowledge of Ulta’s contracts.
- Monitor and track expiring contracts for categories and Departments being supported.
- Ensure all contracts are properly executed in accordance with company policies and uploaded into Ulta’s contract database.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 7+ years business experience; advanced degrees are a plus
- 5-7 years related sourcing, contracting or procurement experience or the experience and ability to provide value or proven ability to influence Directors, VP’s and SVP’s for specific categories and Departments
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing, contracting and procurement strategies, and best practices
- Strong negotiation skills and deep understanding of negotiation strategies; professional certifications or training is a plus
- Strong buying, forecasting, budgeting and planning skills
- Capable of managing direct reports and leading cross-functional teams; experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of contracts with the ability to create, draft, prepare, revise, review and negotiate complex contract terms
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn proprietary sourcing, purchasing or contracting systems
- Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to present to various levels and audiences inside and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational and influencing skills across multiple levels within the organization
- Process improvement and project management skills and experience a plus
- Creative, influential, unselfish problem solver
- Collaborative team player
- Attendance or participation in external industry events and/or membership in sourcing, purchasing or contracting organizations such as ISM or IACCM
- CPSM, C.P.M., C.C.M. and related certifications highly preferred
- eSourcing/e-Procurement experience a plus
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel required