8 - 10 years
Posted 239 days ago
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Strategic Sourcing & Category Manager, IT / Technical Services
The Strategic Sourcing & Category Manager role will be based in Calgary and will report to the Manager, Strategic Sourcing. This individual contributor will drive the development of Strategic Sourcing & Category Strategies, plans and initiatives for the Strategic Sourcing team in close collaboration with internal business stakeholders.
• Develop and Implement Category Strategies for IT and related services spend categories
• Support the development and implementation of Strategic Sourcing process and methodologies
• Analyze data, report findings and make sourcing recommendations
• Gather and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and trends to team members and business partners
• Manage supplier contracts, governance and control programs to ensure delivery of expectations and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
• Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations. Conduct market data research, investigate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new innovations, technologies and markets as business requirements dictate
• Lead the development of negotiation strategies and negotiations of high value/risk/complex agreements with large suppliers encompassing key program specifications and functional and commercial objectives
• Develop and track cost savings initiatives that meet individual targets
• Implement strategies that positively impact company financial results and growth plans
• Lead the RFx processes
• Identify and organize cross functional team resources responsible for Sourcing Strategies
• Manage and measure cross functional team performance against key business objectives
• Liaise with internal category teams and business partners and gain a comprehensive understanding of current business requirements as well as long term strategies
• Collaborate with senior functional leaders to establish short-term and long-term business objectives
• Identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation
• Build and maintain strategic partnerships with a number of our suppliers
• Develop and negotiate agreements
• Track initiatives, supplier information and value creation in a central repository for reporting purposes
• Experience with equipment, software development and service suppliers in a telco or MSO.
• Understanding of hosting, licencing and maintenance mechanisms and agreements.
• University or post-secondary degree is required; degree in Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, Finance or Business, or is preferred.
• 7 to 10 plus years of progressive experience in leading large strategic projects, strategic procurement, supply chain management, legal and/or equivalent required.
• MBA or post-graduate degree in business, finance, or related field would be an asset
• Proven high level degree of financial and problem solving ability required
• Some knowledge of/experience with e-procurement processes and systems required
• Strong and proven business/financial acumen
• Knowledge of contract law
• Prior knowledge and experience in multiple commodities and spend categories required with a focus in technical / IT Goods and Services
• Strong Project Management skills required
• Understanding/knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset
• Experience with equipment and service suppliers in a telco or MSO an asset
• Experience with should cost modelling for goods and services
• Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
• Proven ability to perform in a team environment as well manage and lead a cross functional team
• Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
• Ability to influence change and work with ambiguity
• Proven track of high performance and ability to execute
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Position ID: J0518-0627