The Strategic Solutions Manager works as an integral part of the Strategic Solutions team to implement and effectively promote National MI competitive differentiators and help drive informed strategic decisions. The Manager will work with marketing and sales staff to assist in identifying new opportunities for National MI. Additionally, this role will gather and disseminate actionable competitive insight for on-going internal planning processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with relevant internal stakeholders across the organization, including sales, operations, finance, pricing, marketing and product development.
- Assist in implementing strategy and tactical plans to achieve department objectives to ensure timely and accurate launch of initiatives.
- Provide input from current and future clients to inform product development efforts and company strategy.
- Present to large and small groups throughout NMI, including sales, operations, and executive leadership. Participate in customer facing events with National MI sales, marketing staff, and external customers and constituents.
- Analyze internal and external sources of data, perform analytical reporting for sales and marketing leadership, and summarize conclusive results that drive strategic revenue-based decisions.
- Lead discussions with leadership and provide data that contributes to sales effectiveness, and optimal revenue.
- Assist in providing tools and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the sales function with information through a myriad of methods (cheat sheets, rate comparison charts, slide decks, Weekly Sales Reports, competitive updates, industry shifts and other tools) to help sales position National MI products and pricing favorably in the market.
- Act as a point of contact within Strategic Solutions Department.
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities as needed.
ESSENTIAL WORKER COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years project management knowledge and/or analytical skills, preferably within mortgage or financial services.
- Previous sales experience or sales support is a plus.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a must.
- Experience with CRM systems including Salesforce.com and DOMO are a plus.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally in the organization.
- Competitive and/or market research experience a plus.
- Product development experience a plus.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work with a high level of integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as written and verbal skills.
- Cyber security awareness to protect digital environment is a plus.
- Some travel required for customer facing events (less than 10% travel).