Strategic Sales Specialist
Strategic Sales Specialist
The Strategic Sales Specialist, reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing will be responsible for effectively applying
promotional and selling strategies to expand business opportunities and deliver revenue in an assigned
territory/region and contribute to the achievement of the Company’s revenue goals. You will provide complex and technical
information to ensure awareness and appropriate use of products to designated specialty physicians, medical
group practices, hospitals and other health care professionals. This position is substantially important to the operation of our
business, and requires the individual to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out the job
The Strategic Sales Specialist plays a significant role in the success of business. The primary responsibility of the
role is calling on primary care, psychiatrists, neurologists and otherhealthcare providers treating behavioral health issues by
presenting a proprietary, clinical intelligence tool for better prescription accuracy.
• Provide current and comprehensive product and disease state information to a broad audience of health care
professionals while effectively communicating the clinical profile of products.
• Responsible for identifying, developing and managing relationships with key opinion leaders/health care providers
• Responsible for identifying commercial opportunities within a specific region or geography
• Responsible for full life-cycle management of the productsales process
• Responsible for the territories’ new business development and lead generation programs and initiatives
• Responsible for working with the marketing team in the development of sales and marketing collateral
• Responsible for local trade show and industry conferences attendance
• Responsible for staying current on industry and marketplace trends in the areas of mental health, psychiatry, behavioral
health, neurology and personalized medicine
• Bachelor's degreerequired ideally in a related field of study
• Must have a minimum of 3-5years of behavioral health/laboratory sales/pharmaceutical salesexperience
• Demonstrates the ability to cultivate new and existing relationships within an assigned territory/region.
• Proven and documented track record of sales success in an environment requiring high accountability and maintaining
a high level of performance
• Proven relationships with key physicians and medical centers to target
• Previous product launch and/or first-in-class experience is preferred
• Proactively identifies obstacles and responds by developing and implementing action plans to achieve challenging
• Experience working independently with direct responsibility for all business in an assigned territory/area/region
• Specific scientific knowledge in psychiatric illnesses, psychopharmacology and personalized medicine is strongly
• Ability to learn complex technical/scientific information and effectively communicates to a broad audience of health
• Takes ownership and demonstrates an entrepreneurial approach in territory management.
• Demonstrates autonomy in decision making.
• Requires minimal supervision and direction
• Salesforce.com or similar CRM experiencerequired
• Ability to travel up to 70% depending on territory assignment, if needed