The primary purpose of the Strategic Sales Executive is to proactively sell the Company’s Insurance suite applications, to achieve revenue and sales targets. This includes the frontline approach to new clients and the ongoing relationship management of existing clients for the generation of new and ongoing sales.
Key activities for the Strategic Sales Executive include:
- Proactive development of existing and new business within assigned customers list
- Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and personally undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure. This will include contacting new and existing clients face-to-face as well as via telephone and electronically.
- Schedule, arrange, organize and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Analyze competitor products and activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review and accept responsibility for the scope, accuracy and winning of these proposals.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products
- Understand and leverage the customers Eco System to create, advance and drive sales opportunities
Required skills/experience include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with enterprise software sales and cloud solutions.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Insurance industry preferred
- Understanding of both Self-Managed Solutions and Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Solutions
- Thorough understanding of the enterprise sales cycle and show a methodical approach to moving opportunities through this cycle
- Well-developed oral communication, liaison, consultative and representation skills
- Well-developed writing skills and the ability to proofread own material and that of others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential.
- Approximately 50% overnight travel for customer meetings nationwide within the US can be expected, with week to week variance. Guidewire promotes flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance.